This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Normalcy returning

Post Thanks / Like

Normalcy returning

Last night we attended a wedding! The ceremony and cocktail hour was held outside and the reception of about 130 people was inside. The venue was a winery and golf resort and the weather was perfect-sunny, warm, light breeze. There were two weddings and a prom or 3rd wedding on the grounds. We had a fantastic time and spent the night there even though it is only 40 minutes from here-who wants to drive after a wedding at a winery? Other than servers in masks(NJ still has the mask mandate but will probably drop it this coming week), it is the most normal thing we've done in a long time. It was just so nice to do "normal" and to see friends again.

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Last night we attended a wedding! The ceremony and cocktail hour was held outside and the reception of about 130 people was inside. The venue was a winery and golf resort and the weather was perfect-sunny, warm, light breeze. There were two weddings and a prom or 3rd wedding on the grounds. We had a fantastic time and spent the night there even though it is only 40 minutes from here-who wants to drive after a wedding at a winery? Other than servers in masks(NJ still has the mask mandate but will probably drop it this coming week), it is the most normal thing we've done in a long time. It was just so nice to do "normal" and to see friends again.
    That is so nice and so true. Feels so good to be with people again. My husband and I would have stayed overnight at a winery too. Lol. We live in NJ too and I did hear mask mandate will change next week. We are going to Charleston for 5 days. That will be our first flying trip. Hopefully Aruba next. Hoping they lift the testing red tape into Aruba soon!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    At my work, if you're fully vaccinated, you don't have to wear a mask. It seems almost bizarre in a way not to wear one. My mom's place still requires them, but we have no problem with that.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    we went to our local Y earlier today.
    masks still required for the staff vaccinated or not.
    no mask requirements for members.
    it was weird seeing the lifeguard masked, out in the sun, with only 3 people in the pool. (Paul, me and a friend)

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    At my work, if you're fully vaccinated, you don't have to wear a mask. It seems almost bizarre in a way not to wear one. My mom's place still requires them, but we have no problem with that.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We are going to a "gender reveal" party today. We are fully vaccinated, so I'm not sure if we'll be wearing masks or not. Several family members have not been vaccinated, but I think it's outside. I am ready for "normal" again too.
    0 0

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bhoffdhoff View Post
    We are going to a "gender reveal" party today. We are fully vaccinated, so I'm not sure if we'll be wearing masks or not. Several family members have not been vaccinated, but I think it's outside. I am ready for "normal" again too.

They have parties for these things?
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes
    imo they are ridiculous.
    but I am resistant to change

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    They have parties for these things?
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    My friend's daughter had one today, but it was just the immediate family. He pitched a ball and she hit it revealing they are having a boy.

0 0

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you! I despise the trend...probably more than necessary but oh well LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    yes
    imo they are ridiculous.
    but I am resistant to change

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    My friend's daughter had one today, but it was just the immediate family. He pitched a ball and she hit it revealing they are having a boy.
    Softball pinata. Love. It. "It's like a Smurf crime scene in here!!"
    0 2