This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not Aruba, but Turks and Caicos 12/14-21

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if this is the system you have in your car, but it might give enough clues to change the language to English.

https://www.timescar-rental.com/en/beginner/gps.html

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Our car came with a manual, but of course it’s all in Japanese. We’ll have to see what brand it is when we get back. We’d hardly use it anyway. We’d just like to stop it from talking

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    The car speaking in a foreign language would drive me nuts.
    Our Siri on our phones speak to us with a British accent. Even that voice grates on my nerves.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The places we've been are mostly very casual. The only dressed up people we saw were locals attending a banquet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Do you find that T&C is a little more formal than Aruba? In Aruba we never feel out of place in shorts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Today was great. We did a tour to North and Middle Caicos. There were 6 of us and our guide. We were picked up at our resort and then took the ferry to North Caicos and the driver/guide who met us at the dock and travelled on the ferry with us had a van waiting. We saw a lot of both islands and they are so beautiful and undeveloped. North Caicos only has 1700 people living there and Middle Caicos I think 350. The beaches were stunning, really stunning! We learned a lot of history, learned about life there and had a great lunch. I even went reluctantly into a cave that had bats. We arrived back at our room around 6:00. I changed(I so wanted a shower, but hubby was hungry) and went to a place called Cocovan Airstream Lounge-it is a restaurant, or rather a kitchen inside an 1974 Airstream camper. You order outside and sit outside at picnic tables surrounded by palm trees. They deliver the food to you. It's not roach coach food, but rather more unique stuff-I had Peking duck tacos with hoisin sauce and Stu had steak tacos and we split gorgonzola fries. The place is owned by restaurant called Coco Bistro on the same property. They did have a bar, but we have plenty to drink here. In addition, there was an accident that had the road blocked and getting to the place was challenge and we didn't know if would be clear when we left(it wasn't-scenic ride home) https://www.cocovan.tc/coco-van-food-small-plates

Post Thanks / Like
    Notice that menu has a service charge added. Is that common there?

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you noticed many golf carts on the roads?
    When we were there we rented a golf cart to get around.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, they add a service charge to everything.
    12% tax on I think everything except groceries.
    Locals do not pay property or income tax. Tourist seem to pay for most things here.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Notice that menu has a service charge added. Is that common there?

Post Thanks / Like
    No, I haven't seen golf carts. We are on Providenciales and I think that may be on Grand Turk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Walt. I'm not sure what system we have, but she's been quiet today and yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Not sure if this is the system you have in your car, but it might give enough clues to change the language to English.

https://www.timescar-rental.com/en/beginner/gps.html