This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Other Forum Nastiness

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like

Other Forum Nastiness

There is a very widely known website forum which I will not name but it does use the word "trip". I have never seen a forum with such nasty people. You can't even ask a question and the people there are so nasty. Now I don't ask questions on there, I always come here if I have a question. But I see some people, even their first post (those are the ones who get attacked the most), but people pretty much call them stupid. And there is an idiot on there who has an opinion on everything and nasty as can be named t--y.

People would never ever get away with answering others that way on this forum. I must say, I am appreciating this forum more and more. I don't read that one every day like here but every time I do, I am embarrassed. They need a moderator.

Anyway, just want to say I appreciate the people on this forum the more I read things on that forum....

Post Thanks / Like
    I post on the other forum as well and yes, I have seen a fair amount of snarkiness. It does seem to be limited to just a few but they make their presence known. Kind of sad really. I have to say though the Aruba forum is tame compared to the Vegas one where they are positively brutal and I’m sure new posters decide it’s not worth it.

It it certainly helps us to appreciate this one! We’re fortunate to have s helpful, friendly group here!!

0 0

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly Peg. I can't tell you how many times over the years I have basically asked the same thing and no one says hey dummy, look it up. we answered you like 5 times already, lol. someone on here will always answer. It just has gotten to me and I decided that group is not helpful at all. it is just a bunch of bullies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some people are bored and miserable. That’s the only “rationale” I can think of.
    I also appreciate this forum and all the friendly folks that come with it

0 3

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    it is terrible what goes on there EVERYDAY

there are Advisor or Experts but they apparently cannot act as moderators.

I make certain that I report inappropriate postings when I come across them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I report them, too, Andrea, but they take it off and then the poster complains their post was removed and they put it back on. So its useless to complain. Anyway, I unbookmarked them.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    also too some of the Aruba FB groups are over the top with meanness, snarkiness and hate.

that crap does not happen here. (well very infrequently)

usually the worst that we have happen is spam postings or spam messages.

we have rules and we have dedicated and competent moderators that take pride in making sure that this site works well.
    if we disagree with someone, we are polite and if we are not polite and civil, there are consequences.
    however we cannot be all things to all people.
    sometimes an inappropriate posting will remain for longer than we'd like.
    sometimes there are arguments and many times they remain civil.........some times they get ugly or uncomfortable and we have to ask folks to compromise and please delete what they wrote. there sometimes is a lot of negotiations and begging.

there is NEVER anything wrong with apologizing and admitting mistakes happen. I am a pro at making mistakes and apologizing.

also too on those other sites, searching is a PAIN.
    so the same damn questions are asked over and over and over.
    folks get frustrated and angry.
    here, when there are repetitive questions, we try to merge threads or point folks to the correct place so that we do not drive folks nuts.

on my moderator page I can see who is online, I can see currently there are 350 guests on here "searching" and 5 members and that 64 members have been on in the last 24 hours. many/most are able to find an answer to their question without posting........they search.

I am not being objective, but this forum is still the best site for Aruba tourism research.

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea, you and Walt do a great job moderating and it’s appreciated. Quite a few of us have met up and socialized when in Aruba and I can’t see that happening on the other forum.

One interesting note about the other forum. A while back there was an administrative post stating that snarkiness was not a reason for a post to be deleted. In other words, don’t bother to report it. I think that post encouraged others to behave poorly!

3 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I rarely even bother to look at that "other" forum! This is the best one by far; I've actually never felt comfortable enough with other forums to even contribute. We're supposed to be here to share information and our love for Aruba. Andrea and Walt, you do a fantastic job and I know we all appreciate it!
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    People on the FB sites are sometimes just out right mean. There is an owner at the condo I own at the shore near us who asked me a ton of questions before visiting for the first time last month. She also asked a ton of questions on FB. Today someone asked a question and she responded with a rude comment and acted like she was an expert on Aruba. I am so glad I have a buyer for that condo(praying they get the mortgage).

0 0