This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Other Forum Nastiness

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for the kind words.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    we are appreciative of the many kind words.
    thank you.

I created a FB group for a timeshare resort in Aruba.
    I rounded up moderators but the "in fighting" between FB members and the moderators and I became problematic.
    Numerous members were rude and one of the moderators gave me a "whatever" when we were having a moderator discussion.
    We all know what that word means..........
    So I quit and even left the group.
    I am now back on that group but not as moderator or admin, the craziness is still there.
    I rarely participate...........not my circus and not my monkeys!!

Post Thanks / Like
    There’s another forum...

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    The individual t..y has grown mean through the years. I am not really sure what happened. Many years ago he provided fine info...and that is where it ended. Now if you dont agree he attacks...and often attacks simple questions from new people. I sadly worry about him as I have seen his postings for many years and they were not like this before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it seems I have set off one of the posters this evening. I tried to explain I just have a different opinion but... he kept coming. Finally, I just said “some people like vanilla, some like chocolate”. Then added I don’t like to get into personal attacks. Guess I’ll be taking a break from that forum for a bit.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just read his postings and it is so ridiculous.

Maybe every normal person on that site (and there are many) should write a letter to corp (based in Needham MA) and expressed their displeasure about the lack of rules, the lack of moderators and the general malaise of that site.

and Peggy........never acknowledge defeat from a bully. that is what he is!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Well, it seems I have set off one of the posters this evening. I tried to explain I just have a different opinion but... he kept coming. Finally, I just said “some people like vanilla, some like chocolate”. Then added I don’t like to get into personal attacks. Guess I’ll be taking a break from that forum for a bit.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Andrea, you and Walt do a great job moderating and it’s appreciated. Quite a few of us have met up and socialized when in Aruba and I can’t see that happening on the other forum.

One interesting note about the other forum. A while back there was an administrative post stating that snarkiness was not a reason for a post to be deleted. In other words, don’t bother to report it. I think that post encouraged others to behave poorly!
    Peg, I didn't see that because I don't read it every day and I only read the posts that I am interested in. That explains why when I report it, they don't care.

And yes, Jay, that is who I am talking about plus some idiot with a -R in their name....
    Last edited by gaby; 07-17-2019 at 06:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I just read his postings and it is so ridiculous.

Maybe every normal person on that site (and there are many) should write a letter to corp (based in Needham MA) and expressed their displeasure about the lack of rules, the lack of moderators and the general malaise of that site.

and Peggy........never acknowledge defeat from a bully. that is what he is!
    I had a good chuckle this morning when I saw he started a new thread asking people which of the 2 hotels they thought was better! Too funny!! I did not bother replying but who knows the day is not over.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to close this thread now................because, this thread is giving that forum a headline/publicity/chatter and since THIS site is owned and run by the Aruba Tourism Authority I feel that it is not appropriate at this point.

Folks got to say what they needed to say and I agree with everyone that posted, although I do not remember the time when that person on that forum was kinder and gentler. .

Gaby I am happy you started the thread and I am thankful and appreciative of the kind things you have said about Walt and I and this forum.