This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Other vacations that you canceled or were canceled.

Post Thanks / Like
    We normally head to Vegas in August but I’m not sure that will happen. The good thing about Vegas is it’s easy to schedule an impromptu vacation on short notice so who knows.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Stu's conference that was scheduled for early August in Chicago has been moved to August 2021. It is going to be a busy year next year-Aruba Jan. 4-Mar. 4, Antartica March ? to April ?(don't know about the pre and post trips), we plan on rescheduling this years Europe trip to next June/July, then the conference in August, then Viking in France in October. We will surely be on the move if this stupid virus is contained. Praying!

I am really hoping our car club can have our show the end of September. I now almost have enough baskets for two years worth of basket auctions. I made 18 of them over the past few days and already had about 20+. I don't even know how many are in the basement, but I do know it surely takes up a lot of space.

Post Thanks / Like
    AUGUST? Good lord. The heat. How do you manage?

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    We normally head to Vegas in August but I’m not sure that will happen. The good thing about Vegas is it’s easy to schedule an impromptu vacation on short notice so who knows.

0 0

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    Post Thanks / Like
    We will be celebrating our 50th on October 1st. We were still debating a few places to go ( including coming back to Aruba as we did last Sept/Oct ) when we arrived here in March. At this point I doubt we will be traveling again this year unless it is a drive up to Maine. Who knows what the world will look like on Oct 1st!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    AUGUST? Good lord. The heat. How do you manage?
    Well.. it’s a dry heat. I find I don’t mind the heat in Vegas anywhere near the way I do at home where it is more humid. Of course, I’m not really interested in walking the Vegas strip when it’s really hot but I do go and sit at the pool for hours. Last year it hit 114 when we were there. We had gone over to the container park because I wanted to poke in the shops. Almost every shop I went in the person working would say “isn’t this heat awful”. I would just smile and nod.

0 3

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Well.. it’s a dry heat. I find I don’t mind the heat in Vegas anywhere near the way I do at home where it is more humid. Of course, I’m not really interested in walking the Vegas strip when it’s really hot but I do go and sit at the pool for hours. Last year it hit 114 when we were there. We had gone over to the container park because I wanted to poke in the shops. Almost every shop I went in the person working would say “isn’t this heat awful”. I would just smile and nod.
    I must be weird, too, Peg, cause the heat in Vegas doesn't bother me. When my friend picks me up from the airport, I tell her she doesn't need to put the air on, I like the windows open and that is anywhere between June, July, Aug and even September is hot. But then again, maybe because its Vegas, lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Gaby, I just think because it’s a dry heat you don’t feel it as much. I also like August since a lot of people must not like the heat. It’s a lot less crowded so you never seem to need a dining reservation

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Peg, you might find this interesting...

https://thepointsguy.com/news/las-ve...ate=2020-05-01

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the link Walt. I’ve read various articles with regards to the changes Vegas visitors will experience. Everyone seems to be on the same page with social distancing, moving slot machines or making every other machine inoperable. It would be different for sure. I saw a photo of the protective screens being proposed by a company for table games that looked like it would work. The thing I wonder about is whether or not they will go nonsmoking. If everyone needs a mask, how will they smoke?

My host texted me last weekend to see how we were doing. The Venetian is still paying staff their salaries I think through May which is generous. She is obviously concerned about how the changes will impact the resort. I think before we head back I would see how Encore Boston Harbor was handling things.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Peg is right. We were in Vegas in August a few years ago. It was hot, well over a 100, but you don't feel it because it is so dry. You really have to make sure you hydrate because you don't know you are dehydrating.