This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Other vacations that you canceled or were canceled.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    We have or should say had an 8 day cruise first week of Feb; CDC says cruises can't be longer than 7 days
    All cruises canceled till Jan 31, 2021
    I am waiting for them to cancel us to see what kind of OBC they offer us. They were giving $600 per cabin;
    Since I paid with gift cards I will get refund in gift cards. I did ask for an extension on the final payment to see what
    happens before I hand over more money.
    We were offered either a full refund or 125% toward a future booking for this cruise and the one we had scheduled for July 2020. Our travel agent/friend for the one in July urged us to wait for Viking to cancel because they were giving the 125% if they canceled, so we did. That is rebooked for July 2021-we will see what happens. We use the extra $$ to upgrade of flights since upgrading the cabin wasn't something we wanted to do because it still would have cost us more $$$ and we had already paid for the drink package and tips. The one scheduled for March was booked through a different friend/travel agent and she was leading a group. Several people cancel a head of time, but we decided to wait until they canceled and it worked out for us since they are offering the 125% too. We will use the extra to upgrade the cabin from a full huge window to a balcony which would have been about $1000 more a person on that-it is a crazy expensive trip and the $$$ only go so far.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    our cruise for jan 31 was cancelled.

we could rebook and get a $500 onboard credit

but, we just said to hell with it and accepted the cancellation and got our port taxes back.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Well our travel agent/friend got back to me. We went from a room with a large window on a lower level to a balcony suites on a high floor-upgrade of about 5 price points and we still have $1200 in OBC. We do have to repurchase our tips and drink package, but it won't be anything close to $1200. We are getting a bigger cabin, meals in speciality dining, free laundry, and a few other upgrades. There originally was a group of 7 cabins and as of Tuesday morning, three were rebook and the rest are thinking about it. I am hoping all will be well and we will be able to go and enjoy this in Oct. 2022.

Post Thanks / Like
    Still waiting to hear from Carnival... I really do not see cruising in 2021
    Lou prefers we did not and just go to Aruba.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got all travel plans (both domestic and international) were postponed. Better to stay safe rather than taking the risk. Probably we could do something useful so as not to get bored. But I really miss travelling. I envy you guys, who have the chance to do so.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Carnival did indeed canceled as I thought they would.
    Took 100% future credit along with $600.00 OBC; (must book a cruise by May 2021 and cruise by end of 2023)
    now they have offers with free
    drink packages if book a cruise by end of Dec.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like our trip planned for NY over the Holidays will NOT be happening. We need Covid testing if we leave the state. Not happy- probably means my Feb trip will be out as well. I hate 2020.
    June 8th - can't get here quick enough!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty sure that's pretty much the universal feeling, Jay. Sorry you won't be able to go to the lake for the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Looks like our trip planned for NY over the Holidays will NOT be happening. We need Covid testing if we leave the state. Not happy- probably means my Feb trip will be out as well. I hate 2020.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I am sorry you are not able to go to your own home. That's crazy. Why don't you just get tested and go?

I agree with you on 2020 it sucks, however; be grateful we are all healthy. Hopefully 2021 will be a much better year. I figure, if I ever have grandkids, I'll have stories to tell. Your son will have stories to tell his kids and grandkids because he won't be able to tell them he walked 5 miles uphill in 2 ft. of snow to school.

Post Thanks / Like
    We received an interesting email from Viking today. They are really stepping up their safety on their ships. They hope to start sailing in April with daily PCR testing for all passengers and staff on every ship. Here is a link to the video about what they are doing to keep everyone safe.

https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans...m_medium=email