This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Our vaccination experiences

Post Thanks / Like

Our vaccination experiences

It should be interesting according to my friend in Aruba I just got off the phone with. He said almost everyone he talks with is against taking the vaccine. He himself won't take it unless its required by his work...and even then some of them are talking about ways to get around that. My head is spinning, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I believe they re just waiting on the vaccine to arrive.
    Trip 32 begins on July 15.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    This might be the only time I am glad I am in MA instead of Aruba, lol. I am dead last in Aruba on the rollout plan. Looks like they are ready to go.
    Keep in mind they are trying to vaccinate only around 100,000 people. How many people in MA? 7 million? Heck there are over 400,000 people in my town in VA.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Keep in mind they are trying to vaccinate only around 100,000 people. How many people in MA? 7 million? Heck there are over 400,000 people in my town in VA.
    The vaccination roll out here in Mass has had it’s challenges. We’re at the bottom when it comes to the speed in which it is being administered. That said, it’s a huge undertaking and they are starting to open large vaccination sites at Gillette stadium and Fenway Park so I am optimistic. It sounds like Aruba’s challenge is getting people to accept that vaccination is what is necessary.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We'll take if they don't want it.

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't be too worried. When push comes to shove they will do it. Same exact thing happened in the Netherlands. As soon as the vaccines actually arrived and in the days leading up to the first injection, all of a sudden the polls started trending heavily towards being in favor.
    0 3

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’m dead last on any list. That’s fine. I’d rather see the people who need it most get it first (and hopefully it works without complications).

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I do understand I was just pointing out where I would fall. That being said I am sure its quicker in
    Aruba based on sheer volume...get it.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it is. There are certain groups of people that I am friends with that are 100 percent against the vaccine home and abroad...not me, sign my butt up!
    That said, I know 2 people who had the vaccine that had SERIOUS side effects for a short period of time. Spiked fever...never felt worse in their lifetimes..yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    The vaccination roll out here in Mass has had it’s challenges. We’re at the bottom when it comes to the speed in which it is being administered. That said, it’s a huge undertaking and they are starting to open large vaccination sites at Gillette stadium and Fenway Park so I am optimistic. It sounds like Aruba’s challenge is getting people to accept that vaccination is what is necessary.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow I have heard of no adverse reactions other than sore arm at injection site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Yes it is. There are certain groups of people that I am friends with that are 100 percent against the vaccine home and abroad...not me, sign my butt up!
    That said, I know 2 people who had the vaccine that had SERIOUS side effects for a short period of time. Spiked fever...never felt worse in their lifetimes..yep.
    May 6 - 20, 2021 https://photos.app.goo.gl/uPe2KC3P7bqhnpMT8
    THINK........ is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Reactions are normal. I am sure any of us with kids remember all the shots our babies had to get. I remember I was supposed to give them Tylenol before going to the appointments and sometimes they still had a fever, redness and messy diapers and were cranky.

As an adult, the Shingles shot(I've just had one so far) left my arm very sore.

0 0