This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Our vaccination experiences

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Our appointment today for our 2nd shot was rescheduled due to weather in Memphis at FEDEX distribution ctr.
    It was rescheduled for Monday 22nd, same place Polk State College about 8 miles from us, a drive thru event.
    At 5 pm I received a call, that Monday appointment was changed to Wednesday in a location about an hour from us, but still in the county.
    We are annoyed.
    I should be grateful that we have the first shot already in our arms, and that the 2nd shot is scheduled.
    I am just miffed at the inconvenience.
    It seems to be a rough roll out for many plus the weather doesn’t help.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    So after speaking with the 211 agent this morning; they do not have me in the system. She was concerned when I told her they had asked for my drivers license number as I guess that’s not something they ask for. Just great! She gave me the number for Gillette to see if they can confirm the appointment. So.... I have now been on hold for 40 minutes and I can recite all their recorded messages. I want to give up. Tom wants to wait on hold! If Gillette doesn’t have it 211 wants me to call back. It just doesn’t seem worth it. I would rather wait.

I gave up. Will try again when new appts are loaded up. Vaccine supplies for next week are expected to be delayed because of weather elsewhere. Tom continues to hold. Gotta love him!
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 02-19-2021 at 10:46 AM.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Final update: 2 hours on the phone between 211; CIC-Health; Gillette and back to 211. End result no appointment but I did get put on a call back list. I won’t post anymore of this journey until I can say appointment secured.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    peg, seriously if it makes you feel a bit better by venting here, please continue to post.
    maybe someone will learn by your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Final update: 2 hours on the phone between 211; CIC-Health; Gillette and back to 211. End result no appointment but I did get put on a call back list. I won’t post anymore of this journey until I can say appointment secured.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    peg, seriously if it makes you feel a bit better by venting here, please continue to post.
    maybe someone will learn by your efforts.
    Thanks Andrea. While it helps to vent I also don’t want to continue to be so negative!!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Peg, for too many it has unfortunately been a negative experience. I wondered if I should post about what for me was basically a positive experience. But I think it is important for all of us to share our experiences, good and bad. If it weren't for someone here on the Forum (and I apologize that I've forgotten who but thank you!) suggesting I try to schedule more than one appointment, I wouldn't have gotten one sooner at a better time, and at a much more convenient site (and then remember to cancel the first one so someone else can get the slot!).
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Lisa, I think it’s great to hear of positive experiences. Tom’s experience was very positive. I got an email saying that transplant patients should get vaccinated and to make an appointment. I logged onto the MGH site and had a pick up times. He got his first shot 2 days later. He was in and out with no issues. I was hopeful then.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peggy...go to CVS main website and check on CVS registrations
    and below
    BREAKING NEWS ALERT
    A week and a half after abruptly cutting off delivery of COVID-19 vaccine to hospitals, Massachusetts health officials have reached an agreement with 15 hospitals and health systems allowing them to rejoin the massive state effort to vaccinate all residents.

Under the plan, vaccine doses will be allocated to 13 organizations willing to inoculate any eligible Massachusetts residents. Additionally, two health systems with large numbers of patients spread over a wide geographic area — Mass General Brigham and Beth Israel Lahey Health — can offer the vaccine exclusively to their patients.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Got close with CVS. Got as far as entering info, actually selecting a date but when I tried to select a time slot they were out of vaccine. Tomorrow is when the bulk of appointments get loaded. Hoping site doesn’t crash like last week.

The info in the Boston Globe about the agreement to allow 15 hospitals/health systems to resume vaccinating was a surprise. It mentions MGH and Lahey but not the other 13. Our governor is not being transparent, defends his decisions and offers no explanation. He testified before an oversight committee yesterday. No details have been released. Maybe this agreement is part of it.

Andrea, good luck with your second shot today. Jealous but really happy and thrilled for you!!

0 0