This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Our vaccination experiences

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad it went well!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    thanks Peg!

ok here is lowdown on shot # 2 of the Moderna vaccine

we were reassigned 2x, from Polk State College to the Y less than 3/4 mile from our house to the final destination at the "event center of Lake Eva" in Haines City, about 40 miles north east of us.
    it worked out well.
    we were registered thru Florida Public Health.
    there were 40 shot stations and each station averaging 1 shot every 4 minutes.
    we were in and out of there in 30 minutes with time to head to an orange grove to get some honeybells and home in time for a few laps in the pool.
    it is now 10:20 pm and no adverse effects

if you meet your state's criteria. go to CVS.com and see if CVS has vaccines for you or yours!!

and here we are.....all vaccinated and honeybells bought!!

Attachment 8931Attachment 8932
    Love it! You give me hope. We are currently searching the mass site for appts that are not yet loaded. System puts you in a wait room because of the high volume. Going to keep at it. Glad you are all set!!

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    There was a story on NPR this morning... the Johnson and Johnson efficacy rate is substantially more realistic because they tested it in South Africa; they suspect the SA variant was already among the populace and test subjects. Pfizer and Moderna weren't tested there so their 95% efficacy is probably lower than originally thought. Also, the J&J vaccine is showing capability on reducing transmission of the virus... that was an interesting dimension. And it's effective at preventing deaths and serious illness. I'd take it.

I don't work for J&J, do not hold stock in it and nobody in my life works for them either. Just to be transparent!!
    Last edited by act1966; 02-25-2021 at 10:37 AM.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    There was a story on NPR this morning... the Johnson and Johnson efficacy rate is substantially more realistic because they tested it in South Africa; they suspect the SA variant was already among the populace and test subjects. Pfizer and Moderna weren't tested there so their 95% efficacy is probably lower than originally thought. Also, the J&J vaccine is showing capability on reducing transmission of the virus... that was an interesting dimension. And it's effective at preventing deaths and serious illness. I'd take it.

I don't work for J&J, do not hold stock in it and nobody in my life works for them either. Just to be transparent!!
    I hope they have it available when we get home.

Several months ago I had an email from Rutgers University that went out to alumni to see if they were willing to participate in a virus vaccine study. It was the J&J vaccine. I declined. Both Rutgers and J&J world headquarters are located near each other in New Brunswick, NJ. Kinda wish I accepted to be a participant.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I am hopeful for the J&J vaccine and if offered, I would definitely take it. It definitely could help with supply issues. We are having a horrible time booking an appointment here in Massachusetts. The mass gov website completely crashed last week. This week they added a “wait room” to alleviate the volume issues. The wait room times keep going up. I got down to 6 minutes only to have it go up a minute later to 3,300 minutes!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic news, Andrea! And I don't mean the Honeybells (love those things)!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    thanks Peg!

ok here is lowdown on shot # 2 of the Moderna vaccine

we were reassigned 2x, from Polk State College to the Y less than 3/4 mile from our house to the final destination at the "event center of Lake Eva" in Haines City, about 40 miles north east of us.
    it worked out well.
    we were registered thru Florida Public Health.
    there were 40 shot stations and each station averaging 1 shot every 4 minutes.
    we were in and out of there in 30 minutes with time to head to an orange grove to get some honeybells and home in time for a few laps in the pool.
    it is now 10:20 pm and no adverse effects

if you meet your state's criteria. go to CVS.com and see if CVS has vaccines for you or yours!!

and here we are.....all vaccinated and honeybells bought!!

Attachment 8931Attachment 8932
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So, after hours and hours on the mass gov site today with no success, we switched to CVS. Tom scored an appointment on Monday for me.

WOO HOO!!! I have an appointment!!!!!!!!!

0 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Aruba, get ready for peg and tom!!!!
    0 3

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    here I am "Debbie downer"

so, last night....well 4 am Paul spiked a fever of 100.4 and shivered uncontrollably for about an hour.
    I pumped him full of Tylenol and iced tea and he fell back to sleep til 9.

I did some stuff around the house and then we both went to the pool at 11.
    It was surprising that he was up to it and swam and then kibitzed with his friends til 1.
    My friend donna and I did a lot of walking and talking and I was ignoring my achy legs, neck, upper back and arms.

we got home at 1:30, I put on my pjs and sat down........without even the strength or ambition to take a shower.
    I took my temperature and it was 99.9.
    I too, took 1 Tylenol and 1 Motrin and decided that this was not a reaction but a reaction from being in the sun.
    at 4 pm I was up to 101.

so here I sit, unshowered and stinking of chlorine, wrapped in a blanket waiting for the grim reaper to take me.

my friends who have also had some reaction to the 2nd dose all told me that theirs came 24 hours after the shot.
    which tells me that Paul was maybe faking

I think that it will be an early bed night and tomorrow might be better? I hope!
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    awesome news Peg!

Hooray ..................and it was Tom the "bomb" that got you all set.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 1