This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Thread: Our vaccination experiences

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I was recently asked if I thought restaurants should have separate seating for vaccinated and not vaccinated and if stores should have special hours for those vaccinated and not vaccinated.

My chiropractor said it is wrong for places to require vaccination because he and others feel it is unsafe and they want to do what they think is best for their health. However, what he does not understand is those requiring vaccinations are doing for their health. If you don't want to vaccinate, that is your choice, but places that require vaccination is their choice. Choices have consequences.

There is a produce store here in town who has a sign on the door that says "we don't wear masks for health reasons". Well, I won't go into your store "for health reasons".
    Ugh. Given that North America and the EU are already constructing agreements on travel for vaccinated people, I wonder if that's the final push people will need to vaccinate? I also don't imagine Aruba has gone to these enormous lengths to then turn around and say, "Okay, foreigners, come on in regardless of your vaccination status."

We know A LOT of people in Canada dealing with relatives who are refusing to vaccinate and it's coming down to "Okay... but you won't be seeing our kids anytime soon or invited to family events given what's going on with these variants." Some are vaccinating but others continue to hold out.

It's sad. Less Facebook, more science.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    No offense, but your chiropractor is an idiot.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    No offense, but your chiropractor is an idiot.
    I know. I avoided going(he is really good) until the pain got too bad. I am backing off now. At least they wear masks. there is another one we know who does not wear masks.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't chiropractors have to go to medical school? Is it their political affiliation? I'm sorry your in pain.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Don't chiropractors have to go to medical school? Is it their political affiliation? I'm sorry your in pain.
    College and chiropractor school. He also thinks that the virus is man made(very possible), however; he thinks that China and the US let it loose for the drug companies to make money. I have debunked it and he changes the subject. He and his wife are republicans. Thanks, I am feeling better. I also started taking advil which actually helped more than the chiropractor this time.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    He and his wife are republicans.
    I just listened to a podcast from NPR about hesitancy and how a good chunk of the hesitant are conservatives/Republicans - something like thirty percent. Regardless of anyone's political bent, the Trump administration smartly enacted Warp Speed to get the vaccines to market quickly... I wonder why there's a disconnect between vaccine adoption and that specific demographic given that Trump has also taken the vaccine? Interesting.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    I just listened to a podcast from NPR about hesitancy and how a good chunk of the hesitant are conservatives/Republicans - something like thirty percent. Regardless of anyone's political bent, the Trump administration smartly enacted Warp Speed to get the vaccines to market quickly... I wonder why there's a disconnect between vaccine adoption and that specific demographic given that Trump has also taken the vaccine? Interesting.
    I don't think it is widely known he was vaccinated.

There are still people, believe it or not, that do not think Covid is as serious as it is and rather believe conspiracy theories. There are a lot of people who don't want to get it now because it is not fully approved by the FDA. I think if the FDA full approves a vaccine, more people would get it. Sadly for some people, they need to be personally effected to believe.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    There are still people, believe it or not, that do not think Covid is as serious as it is.
    Yikes. There are 3.2 million (and counting) dead people that would disagree. This is all so sad.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I know these older COVID threads will be going away and while it would be nice to see them gone and just move on, I have some information to share about vaccinations for those who are immunosuppressed. We received an email today from Mass General Hospital regarding the vaccinations and those who have had organ transplants. They stated that transplant patients should continue to follow the COVID guidelines even if fully vaccinated. It is recommended to wear masks, socially distance, refrain from visiting friends/family who are not in the same household and NO AIR TRAVEL!!! We had already cancelled our August Vegas trip because of Tom’s radiation treatments so while it’s not an immediate issue for us it’s still an issue. They are NOT recommending a third vaccination. They are also not testing patients for antibodies as they don’t feel it is a reliable indicator. I felt it was important to share this info for anyone else who may be taking immunosuppresants.
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 06-17-2021 at 02:52 PM.

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I know these older COVID threads will be going away and while it would be nice to see them gone and just move on, I have some information to share about vaccinations for those who are immunosuppressed. We received an email today from Mass General Hospital regarding the vaccinations and those who have had organ transplants. They stated that transplant patients should continue to follow the COVID guidelines even if fully vaccinated. It is recommended to wear masks, socially distance, refrain from visiting friends/family who are not in the same household and NO AIR TRAVEL!!! We had already cancelled our August Vegas trip because of Tom’s radiation treatments so while it’s not an immediate issue for us it’s still an issue. They are NOT recommending a third vaccination. They are also not testing patients for antibodies as they don’t feel it is a reliable indicator. I felt it was important to share this info for anyone else who may be taking immunosuppresants.
    Ugh. Even more reason for the world to get vaccinated and stop the mutation of variants. Thanks for the update, Peg. My friend (also a transplant recipient in Canada), is going on a rampage against non-vaxxers to save her own skin. She ain't messing around.
    0 1