This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Our vaccination experiences

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Our city is going to 1b on Jan 25th. Pam and I are eligible and have already registered online for the vaccine.

Wow! I'm really impressed with how Va. Beach is handling this. Here in the Richmond area, the rollout is a fiasco. I live in Chesterfield County and they aren't even talking about when the vaccine will be available. We can't sign up for anything. They were supposed to hold a clinic for Chesterfield Co. teachers this week, and only received 750 doses, so they had to cancel it. We are also in 1B and are hearing though the news that it could be months before we will be vaccinated.
    Last edited by hatteras; 01-23-2021 at 02:49 PM.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I am beyond excited! Mass General sent an email this morning saying Tom could schedule his vaccination. I jumped on line to schedule and got an appointment for this Sunday at 9:00 am. Couldn’t be happier.
    I'm so happy to hear this great news!

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    Wow! I'm really impressed with how Va. Beach is handling this. Here in the Richmond area, the rollout is a fiasco. I live in Chesterfield County and they aren't even talking about when the vaccine will be available. We can't sign up for anything. They were supposed to hold a clinic for Chesterfield Co. teachers this week, and only received 750 doses, so they had to cancel it. We are also in 1B and are hearing though the news that it could be months before we will be vaccinated.
    Yeah, well it hasn't happened yet. Since VB is the largest city in the state, the mayor begged King Ralph to let the city handle our vaccines instead of the state. Not real sure, but I believe the response was no. I will be amazed if we are vaccinated by June. I don't understand cancelling an event because they only had 750 doses. That's 750 folks that could be vaccinated and I'm sure there are older teachers that would like to have it. So what happens to the 750 doses, are they tossed in the trash?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Yeah, well it hasn't happened yet. Since VB is the largest city in the state, the mayor begged King Ralph to let the city handle our vaccines instead of the state. Not real sure, but I believe the response was no. I will be amazed if we are vaccinated by June. I don't understand cancelling an event because they only had 750 doses. That's 750 folks that could be vaccinated and I'm sure there are older teachers that would like to have it. So what happens to the 750 doses, are they tossed in the trash?
    Va. has certainly been an embarrassment and apparently Chesterfield is near the bottom. None of this makes any sense at all. I taught for Chesterfield for many years and they are usually ahead of the pack on most things. I actually started my teaching career in Va. Beach. You would think that having a governor who is a physician, things would be going much better than they are. As for those 750 vaccines, I have no idea what's become of them. Chesterfield schools plan to go back to 5 day in person learning on Feb. 1, and it would certainly be helpful to get those teachers at least partially vaccinated by then. You brought up a good point about at least vaccinating some of the older teachers. I have friends close to my age that are still teaching, and I'm concerned about them. I'm so glad that I'm retired. My mom's assisted living is supposed to be finally vaccinated next Wednesday, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to find out it's been cancelled because they don't have enough vaccine. They are having another covid outbreak right now, so it would certainly be helpful to vaccinate as many as possible.
    Last edited by hatteras; 01-23-2021 at 06:17 PM.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom got his jab in the arm this morning and it couldn’t have gone any smoother. Fifteen minutes from our house to Boston and the MGH parking garage. I waited in the car kind of expecting he would be at least 45 minutes but nope he was back in 20 minutes. No lines; got his shot and waited the required 15 minutes. Second shot scheduled for February 14th. He was given the Pfizer vaccine. So far so good!

1 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Va. has certainly been an embarrassment and apparently Chesterfield is near the bottom. None of this makes any sense at all. I taught for Chesterfield for many years and they are usually ahead of the pack on most things. I actually started my teaching career in Va. Beach. You would think that having a governor who is a physician, things would be going much better than they are. As for those 750 vaccines, I have no idea what's become of them. Chesterfield schools plan to go back to 5 day in person learning on Feb. 1, and it would certainly be helpful to get those teachers at least partially vaccinated by then. You brought up a good point about at least vaccinating some of the older teachers. I have friends close to my age that are still teaching, and I'm concerned about them. I'm so glad that I'm retired. My mom's assisted living is supposed to be finally vaccinated next Wednesday, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to find out it's been cancelled because they don't have enough vaccine. They are having another covid outbreak right now, so it would certainly be helpful to vaccinate as many as possible.
    Prince William County is a disaster too. We have only received a fifth of the doses expected. I read an article today that only about 4% of people in our region who are eligible to be vaccinated have received the first dose. Fairfax County is not much better. They have 100,000 people registered and are getting about 10,000 doses per week. I'm scheduled the first week of February. My office is part of the school division and we were supposed to sign up for the last 2 weeks allotted for schools, but at least one person in my office who has very little contact with the public and no high risk conditions has jumped the line and already gotten their shot. It is so hard for me not to say something! The online registration systems in our area keep crashing, entitlement is out of control, and supply is not meeting demand.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Some people just awful people- had some other thoughts but I will leave them alone. Our state is one of the bottom in the nation and dead last in the Northeast...way to go Charlie B.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Prince William County is a disaster too. We have only received a fifth of the doses expected. I read an article today that only about 4% of people in our region who are eligible to be vaccinated have received the first dose. Fairfax County is not much better. They have 100,000 people registered and are getting about 10,000 doses per week. I'm scheduled the first week of February. My office is part of the school division and we were supposed to sign up for the last 2 weeks allotted for schools, but at least one person in my office who has very little contact with the public and no high risk conditions has jumped the line and already gotten their shot. It is so hard for me not to say something! The online registration systems in our area keep crashing, entitlement is out of control, and supply is not meeting demand.
    April 17th- Aruba here we come!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Jumping the line is just not okay! I am not yet scheduled and there is no general registration site at the moment. I’m waiting for word from my primary care. I believe that Massachusetts has only vaccinated 5% which is why I was so surprised to hear from MGH about Tom. Having each state come up with their own plan doesn’t seem to have been the greatest idea. Hopefully, production will ramp up and things will smooth out. There are horror stories coming out of California about people waiting hours and then the vaccine running out. Situations need to improve.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    You are absolutely correct, King Ralph is the only physician in the governors mansion in all 50 states. You'd think at least he could do better.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    It's really sad how every state is doing or not doing with the process of the vaccines.
    The couple that drove from CA to Florida in hopes to get vaccinated will not.
    One must be a resident here and show proof

My second vaccine site is still sore/ache (had my last dose on Thursday.. no side effect from the first one either)
    I was given the Pfizer vaccine too. And I still have to get covid test 2x weekly.
    0 0