This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Praises and Disses for Airlines

Post Thanks / Like
    We flew Alaska from Anchorage to Seattle this summer. They had frequent flights and were less expensive than AA. Luggage came out quickly.

0 0

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have usually been pretty pleased with both Air Canada (to Aruba) and WestJet (to Maui).

That leads me to this question for all of you: Is there a price point at which you will switch from your favourite airline to another carrier, or will you postpone your travel altogether?

Last point for me on this post. We have not had any problems with AC's airport and in-flight experience, as mentioned above, but we have had major problems dealing with AC's call centre. We later find out their call centre is not in Canada at all, but in another part of the world. (Trying to be polite here.) That probably explains the difficulty of re-booking Winnipeg-Toronto-Aruba after the snowstorm.
    0 0

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to change airlines but unfortunately it makes no sense to either go to another airport an hour & a half away when i am 15 minutes from our airport. Also, i can not bear the thought of a stop over. United has an entire terminal at Newark airport. Most of their flights are non-stop. So we are stuck with them due to our own needs.

Post Thanks / Like
    We are loyal fans to Jetblue. After our first flight with them we have never flown with anyone else. The crew is always super friendly especially when you book Mint. Those Mint seats get you to your destination completely relaxed.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    My stylist was raving about how wonderful Alaska is this morning.

I love Delta just wish they had more options to and from Aruba from BDL. Flying Delta this Thanksgiving just disappointed with them changing my return flight from BDL arrival 9 pm to 12:06 am, big difference. Sometimes I think I book my flight way too early with causes way too many changes by the time my trip arrives.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We'll be flying JetBlue for the first time in a couple weeks (but not to AUA; this is our cheat on Aruba trip). I was going to ask here what to expect. We did not book mint, but I did purchase the fare that includes a checked bag, a carry on bag, more speed (whatever that means) and more space (I booked exit row seating).

This is a whole new trip; new airline, new island....

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    We are loyal fans to Jetblue. After our first flight with them we have never flown with anyone else. The crew is always super friendly especially when you book Mint. Those Mint seats get you to your destination completely relaxed.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AUA1989 View Post
    We'll be flying JetBlue for the first time in a couple weeks (but not to AUA; this is our cheat on Aruba trip). I was going to ask here what to expect. We did not book mint, but I did purchase the fare that includes a checked bag, a carry on bag, more speed (whatever that means) and more space (I booked exit row seating).

I truly believe you will like Jetblue. Most trips we just get the extra room seats. We reserve the Mint seats for our Vegas trips which leave at 6:00 am and I only book if I can get a sales price. The Mint service is amazing with reclining seats so you can sleep, blankets and pillow and food service with real cups for coffee etc. Even with extra room, the seats are more comfortable, staff comes around with snacks and are way more pleasant than other airlines we have traveled. More speed usually means you will get TSA precheck and security will be fast. Enjoy!!

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    ahhh real cups.
    it's the little things that would make me happy
    as a steerage passenger, we are pretty lucky if we get a full seat belt, working tray table and the occasional stink eye from a flight attendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I truly believe you will like Jetblue. Most trips we just get the extra room seats. We reserve the Mint seats for our Vegas trips which leave at 6:00 am and I only book if I can get a sales price. The Mint service is amazing with reclining seats so you can sleep, blankets and pillow and food service with real cups for coffee etc. Even with extra room, the seats are more comfortable, staff comes around with snacks and are way more pleasant than other airlines we have traveled. More speed usually means you will get TSA precheck and security will be fast. Enjoy!!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AUA1989 View Post

AUA1989 you will enjoy the JetBlue experience. Like Pegmeister, they are our "go-to" domestic/ Caribbean airline when we travel. More legroom and more comfortable seats than almost any other domestic carrier (even without the "more space" upgrade), Free TV/ movies, free wi-fly that works well and snacks for all passengers. We have flown MINT cross country and to Aruba once and it is by far the best 1st class value in the US. We are lucky that we live in Northern NJ and can fly out of any of the 3 NY area airports, where JetBlue has service from all 3, although most service is from their own terminal at JFK. We try to fly them to AUA every year on our annual trip and their fares almost always beat United.

We dislike United, even though they are the major player in town out of EWR. They just are not as well run an airline as JetBlue.

We flew internationally a couple of times this year and we loved Delta Business Class. With our spend and travel miles (and a bit of a boost by signing up for the Delta Platinum Amex card) my wife will be Silver Medallion next year. Maybe not a huge deal but some nice perks that we could benefit from even domestically in 2020.
    Brian

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    All kinda similar to me the only that stands out that I cannot stand is Spirit - I hate them! I used from AC to my lauderdale/west palm trips - Very inconsistent from airport to airport with luggage weights - everything is an extra charge even a cup of coffee. Flights seems cheap but after you get your flight, pay for baggage and then pre-pay to pick out seats its comes to be same. Did I mention I hate spirit???
    1 1