This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prayers needed

Post Thanks / Like
    Tracy, Just seeing this. I am so very sorry you and your family are facing this difficult situation. Daily prayers for a good recovery for your step-mom. Adding prayers for strength for you and your family
    2 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much to my forum friends for your support and thoughtfulness. Tomorrow will mark 5 weeks in ICU. Yesterday was her best day by far and the first indication she could move to a transitional unit then on for long term rehab. She was breathing on her own for 28 hours without a ventilator! She also is able to hold a hairbrush and toothbrush, but is still learning to operate them. For now there is no indication that she will walk again, but we are hopeful that every day will bring more progress.
    2 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad that you posted this update!!

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Thank you so much to my forum friends for your support and thoughtfulness. Tomorrow will mark 5 weeks in ICU. Yesterday was her best day by far and the first indication she could move to a transitional unit then on for long term rehab. She was breathing on her own for 28 hours without a ventilator! She also is able to hold a hairbrush and toothbrush, but is still learning to operate them. For now there is no indication that she will walk again, but we are hopeful that every day will bring more progress.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    just saw this. Sending prayers - 1 day at a time.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear of your step mom’s progress. Moving to transitional care is a positive step. Continued prayers for you and your family

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    My prayers are with her.
    0 0