This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rescheduled Cruise

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    the port of Tampa was quite shallow after the storm.
    there was to have been a surge of water, but the storm made landfall near Ft Myers causing the devastating surge there AND as a result, parts of Tampa bay were sucked away and looked like mud clam flats.

the port was closed until Oct 1 when the water rose to normal levels.

when we brought our friend Charlie home on Sept 30 and crossed over the Courtney Campbell the bay was lower than we had ever seen it.when we got to his house the intercostal had not risen fully making it look like mud flats.

if the storm had stayed on track as originally thought...........Tampa, St Pete and the barrier island towns (clearwater beach, Madera beach, Sand Key, Belleair Beach, treasure island, reddington, St Pete Beach) would be all the same as Ft Myers beach and Sanibel = devastated.

yup there is alcohol in them......people get incredibly drunk.
    it is absolutely revolting to watch.
    I had a Bloody Mary one morning after we got out of the pool and I felt it.........went to bed at 1 pm and woke up at 6 pm. I am not a drinker by any stretch of the imagination.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    15 drinks a day? Do they have alcohol in them? Glad you got the cruise in. How was Port of Tampa after the storm?
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never even walked past the jewelry shop onboard.

The chocolate diamond earring money is now earmarked to go towards new windows.

Quote Originally Posted by SusieLovesAruba View Post
    Andrea, did you purchase any bling?
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope the seas are as good to us later this month/beginning of next month as yours were.

15 drinks-my stomach is protesting just thinking about. We were at a wedding (a two day wedding) and had some drinks and my GERD is back.