This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 103 of 105 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1049

Thread: Rest In Peace

Post Thanks / Like
    The past 10 days or so have been pretty hard but letters like the one I am going to share with you makes me realize all I do is not lost....some days you need a little pick up and this morning I needed one and my man Griffin did just that. Posting this here means I will always have it...sorry but it meant a lot and I always want it to look back on.

Hey coach, I know that you’re going through a difficult time in your life and I thought I should reach out to you. Over the last couple weeks, I found myself watching highlights of games we played over the past season, the goals the celebrations, just watching them over in no particular order. I’ve begun missing the season more, and as I look back knowing, that I’ve took the field as a holliston player for the last time, I realize how truly grateful I am to have had such a great opportunity to be with you and the team. I know I was never one of the more skilled players and at times I certainly struggled, especially with the way we played from the back in this past season, but you told me you trusted me, and let me play through the ups and downs, usually for good majorities of each game. That along with the passion and desire that you brought with you made me want to win so badly. Not just for me, but for my team around me. I think I speak for many of the kids when I say that was my favorite thing about you as a coach and person, the passion. All that aside, I was saddened when I heard of the passing of your mother. Although you’ve coached many kids and are likely to coach many more, I will only have one varsity soccer coach, and for me that’s the coach Who believed in me, a coach who was rarely short of laughs, and a coach who I won big with. So, as minuscule as messages like this one may be, I hope I can at least brighten your day by letting you know the positive impact you had on me and my childhood pastime , which is soccer.

Sincerely,

Griffin

Post Thanks / Like
    How sweet! He must be a special kid. I don’t blame you for wanting to hold onto his note.
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful letter! Sometimes when we are doubting it all, you get something like this and it reminds you why you do what you do-you make a difference in the lives of our students.

"A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."

Last edited by robin; 01-24-2019 at 09:14 PM.

1 4

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    griffin sounds like a wonderful kid.
    his words bring you much comfort I am sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    The past 10 days or so have been pretty hard but letters like the one I am going to share with you makes me realize all I do is not lost....some days you need a little pick up and this morning I needed one and my man Griffin did just that. Posting this here means I will always have it...sorry but it meant a lot and I always want it to look back on.

Hey coach, I know that you’re going through a difficult time in your life and I thought I should reach out to you. Over the last couple weeks, I found myself watching highlights of games we played over the past season, the goals the celebrations, just watching them over in no particular order. I’ve begun missing the season more, and as I look back knowing, that I’ve took the field as a holliston player for the last time, I realize how truly grateful I am to have had such a great opportunity to be with you and the team. I know I was never one of the more skilled players and at times I certainly struggled, especially with the way we played from the back in this past season, but you told me you trusted me, and let me play through the ups and downs, usually for good majorities of each game. That along with the passion and desire that you brought with you made me want to win so badly. Not just for me, but for my team around me. I think I speak for many of the kids when I say that was my favorite thing about you as a coach and person, the passion. All that aside, I was saddened when I heard of the passing of your mother. Although you’ve coached many kids and are likely to coach many more, I will only have one varsity soccer coach, and for me that’s the coach Who believed in me, a coach who was rarely short of laughs, and a coach who I won big with. So, as minuscule as messages like this one may be, I hope I can at least brighten your day by letting you know the positive impact you had on me and my childhood pastime , which is soccer.

Sincerely,

Griffin

Post Thanks / Like
    Fatima Ali. A wonderful person and incredible chef. RIP Fati.. you were taken from us much too soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Fatima Ali. A wonderful person and incredible chef. RIP Fati.. you were taken from us much too soon.
    i was sad to hear this on the news this morning. So talented and gone way too young.
    0 1

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    James Ingram, great voice and wonderful songs and so young, 66

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peter Tork (the Monkees)

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    Karl Lagerfeld, a genius and innovator in the fashion world, my idol...

Post Thanks / Like
    Nick Cafardo - Boston Globe Sports writer, passed away at Fort Meyers Red Sox Spring training facility this afternoon, very sad news. Age 62 was a great writer and reporter, always enjoyed him during Red Sox pre-games and post games, will be missed.

1 0