This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 134 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135 LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1349

Thread: Rest In Peace

Post Thanks / Like
    The people in the condo collapse in Florida. Last I saw, there were three confirmed and over 100 people missing.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    very sad
    huge prayers

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    The people in the condo collapse in Florida. Last I saw, there were three confirmed and over 100 people missing.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Tragic (and scary!). Prayers for all involved.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Jackie Mason

https://apple.news/AdCBVT7OVTEyFb2z1secCHw

Paul and I met this fine gentleman a few times in Aruba.
    Omg was he funny.
    The first meeting was in line at Immigration arrivals. OJ was 3 people ahead of us in line and Jackie Mason was directly in front of us with a companion.
    The things that he said in that line were hysterical.
    My son was screaming laughing and schmoozing with him all at OJ expense.
    He kept calling me Ida. He said to Kevin “is your mom’s real name Ida Schlem?
    He gave Kevin some $ and told him to buy something nice for himself.
    Kevin bought a gold ring with a horse head engraved.
    Later that week we found him at one of the Palm Beach hotels and kevin showed him the ring.
    He said to Paul and me…..Ida you and that bald guy are raising a good boy. Don’t screw it up.

RIP Jackie.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-25-2021 at 08:05 AM.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?
    Karma...It is pronounced "HaHaHaHa"
    SIDTM

0 2

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    Post Thanks / Like
    I literally almost ran into him at the corner of 56th and 5th Avenue in NYC about 20 years ago. We exchanged a few pleasant words and I was on my way. He seemed to be waiting for someone. A few days later, about a block away we locked eyes from across 5th ave. He yelled good naturally, " stay over there, it is safer for both of us'.. He seemed like such a pleasant guy.
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    This week has been a disaster in my close family circle. In addition to losing my sister's nephew at 17 who we adored in a tragic atv accident, we learned today Payton, who was 10 days old when her mom was a Brides Maid in our wedding died yesterday from an unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning. My poor wife is an absolute wreck- She has too many loses of close family/friends at a young age and this one is incredibly hard as this is the daughter of someone my wife has been close to since 7th grade- on top of the news the other day.
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Jay, at times like this, "sorry" just seems inadequate, but it is all the English language gives us. My deepest sympathies to you, Tracy and your entire family. Lean on each other during these difficult times. The strength of being together will get you through this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    This week has been a disaster in my close family circle. In addition to losing my sister's nephew at 17 who we adored in a tragic atv accident, we learned today Payton, who was 10 days old when her mom was a Brides Maid in our wedding died yesterday from an unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning. My poor wife is an absolute wreck- She has too many loses of close family/friends at a young age and this one is incredibly hard as this is the daughter of someone my wife has been close to since 7th grade- on top of the news the other day.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry for your losses Jay. Sending prayers.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I am so sorry Jay. The loss of any beloved family or friend is difficult, but when they are so young and two so close together, there are just no words to describe the pain, the sorrow. And what makes it more difficult, is watching our children and loved ones going through it. I wish words could make it better, but I know they can't. I hope happy memories will help during this very difficult time and the days and weeks ahead.

1 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    sad.

terrible when young people die
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?
    Karma...It is pronounced "HaHaHaHa"
    SIDTM

1 0