This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: School's OUT. (Jay and others...this is for you)

Post Thanks / Like
    The 25th is late. One year we had so many snow days that we went to the very end of June. If we had any more snow days we would have had to go to school on Saturdays to make up the days.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Oo8QzDHimQ

To all of our members that are STUDENTS, TEACHERS and SCHOOL STAFF
    (school has been out here in our county for 3+ weeks)
    I'm school staff now, but in a year round central office role it's hard getting all of the end of school emails and out of office replies from my colleagues.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    regardless of the circumstances........school should ALWAYS be done b4 Father's Day and should NEVER start b4 Labor Day.

Seems to me that now many districts are out earlier and go back earlier.

It's the snow days. Our district started after Labor Day a few years ago and that was the year of the snow and ice storms from hades. They thought they would ever get out of school that June! I felt so bad for the kids, and for parents who were trying to manage vacations tht were planned well in advance of that nightmare June.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    School is finally out for our kids. Kady graduated on Saturday, YAY! We were able to finally share that her gift from her Pa was a trip back to Aruba, so we leave on July 13. I cannot wait to be on that gorgeous beach, cocktail in hand, book at my feet, with my best intentions to read it, LOL!

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    I am suppose to have 2.5 hours left in my school year but I decided to head home after the students were dismissed. If they want me they better yell really, really loudly as I won't hear them page me, lol.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    happy summer vacation jay!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I am suppose to have 2.5 hours left in my school year but I decided to head home after the students were dismissed. If they want me they better yell really, really loudly as I won't hear them page me, lol.
    lol. I never would have gotten away with that. Besides, in our lovely district, the teacher work the day after the kids leave-some schools let their teachers leave at lunch and others make them stay all day. My last few years we had breakfast off school grounds and could leave after breakfast.

0 1