This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: spit in vial...send off for DNA results

Post Thanks / Like
    Last week I used Ancestry's beta test of Thrulines. I discovered a 3rd cousin on my dad's mom's side. She has a private tree on line. I got in touch with her and she allowed me to see her tree and I invited her to mine. She had visited Poland and hired a researcher who found my 4th and 5th great grandparents and some other relative. I have a lot of info to add and check.

Today a cousin on my mom's mom's side got in touch with me too. Her grandfather and my grandmother were siblings. There are a lot of us 2nd cousins spread out over at least 30 years. We probably played together as little kids at one time or another. She got her results back and was reading the list to her mom and my name was the only one she recognized. I know we are second cousins, but DNA puts us as 3-4th. This is the first time I got back results of relatives I know that were off by a generation or two. She wants the info I have, so I have take care of that for her.

It is fun finding out about family.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom just got his results yesterday. His results showed a lot more 2nd and 3rd cousins then mine did. Overall I thought his results were more interesting than mine but I’m still glad I did it. I also haven’t researched it to the level you have nor have I been contacted by anyone.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Tom just got his results yesterday. His results showed a lot more 2nd and 3rd cousins then mine did. Overall I thought his results were more interesting than mine but I’m still glad I did it. I also haven’t researched it to the level you have nor have I been contacted by anyone.
    Any Neanderthal qualities?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Any Neanderthal qualities?
    Yes actually! His markers are almost the same as mine, so that ends all his jokes! Now I’m hearing how he comes from a line of Irish Kings!! We need to spend a little more time researching!!
    0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    my results are..............spit in vial...send off for DNA results-screen-shot-2019-03-10-10-21-05-am-jpg

where do I find the "neanderthal" section ?

shared dna (son, aunts, cousins etc) WOW, there is a whole bunch of my cousins that are listed.
    on the maternal side those cousins are the same Connacht Ireland (Connemara) ( maternal grandparents and paternal great grandmother from that area in Ireland)
    the paternal cousins.... a bit different, but real similar...........they have the same Irish connection/location , but added in Congo, South Africa, Eastern European too.
    my paternal cousins are waaaaay more interesting and complicated than i.
    their dad, was 1/2 black and they never knew that until a couple of years ago when my oldest cousin (80) was digging around genealogy and trying to create a tree.
    the more she dug, the more interesting it got.
    fast forward to now............she and her siblings ranging in age from 66 to 80 have done tons of research and one of their great grandparents was a very notable slave that did many heroic things to help other slaves escape on the Underground Railroad.
    they are all really fascinated with their ancestors and this dna thing has opened up lots of doors and they have been in contact with their dad's family/their distant cousins...........some mixed race and some black.
    how cool is that???!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    For the Neanderthal results go to the ancestry tab and click on all reports. Under that there is a tab for the Neanderthal report. Then, of course, let us know! Would like to know I am in good company.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I think 23andMe has the Neanderthal info not Ancestry. My DNA section on Ancestry hasn't been working right the past few days.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. I am on 23 and me. I guess Andrea isn’t?
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am on ancestry
    so that explains why I cannot find "neanderthal"

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I forgot you said Ancestry DNA. Now we’ll never know!!
    0 0