This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: St Paddys Day

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

St Paddys Day

Happy St Patrick's Day to all of you Irish folks and all of you who wish that you were Irish.

Without a doubt, my favorite holiday.

We will be a group of 14 tomorrow here for corned beef/cabbage/taters/carrots, soda bread, beer, baileys and desserts!

Our dining room will have an additional table added and we think we will not be cramped.

3, 4 lb corned beef briskets are in 3 crock pots set on LOW til 6 pm.
    When done, those will be wrapped in foil and refrigerated til tomorrow when they'll be warmed in oven and sliced.

The soda bread will be made later today and the veggies will be done tomorrow.

I've got a great recipe from a friend's grandmother for the soda bread.......not dry in the least and quite sweet.
    Message me if you want the recipe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a fun time at Andrea's place. I just bought 2 corned beefs, one I will freeze the other will do for hubby in crock pot tomorrow. I am Irish and hate to admit I do not like corned beef I bought myself a six pack of Ultra's today will have one to celebrate while watching the big parade locally. Cheers to all the Irish this weekend and all the rest of you celebrating, stay safe and well hydrated

1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    In an effort to be responsible adults, a group of our friends got together for a make-shift bar crawl around our local town center yesterday to give us all a day to recover before work on Monday. Decked out in green and shamrocks, we shared lots of laughs, green beers, and pickle back shots. A good time was had by all. I'm thinking since I really didn't plan ahead, we may do corned beef in the instant pot. That's if I can get my act together and get to the grocery store some time soon.
    Always planning our next trip
    0 3

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tracey..my daughter in law convinced me to do 1 of the corned beef briskets in the instant pot.
    It took about 10 min to come to pressure (1 beer, 3 cups water ,garlic and the packet of spices)
    Cooked on high pressure 90 min.
    Natural release for 20 min. Then quick release.
    Now it is resting, waiting for Paul to slice.

If it is good, (and it looks good). I will do all of next years in the IP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    In an effort to be responsible adults, a group of our friends got together for a make-shift bar crawl around our local town center yesterday to give us all a day to recover before work on Monday. Decked out in green and shamrocks, we shared lots of laughs, green beers, and pickle back shots. A good time was had by all. I'm thinking since I really didn't plan ahead, we may do corned beef in the instant pot. That's if I can get my act together and get to the grocery store some time soon.
    Funny how we finally get it as adults and do our partying on Saturday's and not Sundays Tracey I need to know what a pickel shot is, does it have pickle juice in it or is it just a term? Don't worry about rushing to the store today for your corned beef can always do one during the week.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Funny how we finally get it as adults and do our partying on Saturday's and not Sundays Tracey I need to know what a pickel shot is, does it have pickle juice in it or is it just a term? Don't worry about rushing to the store today for your corned beef can always do one during the week.
    Picklebacks are a shot of Jameson Whiskey followed by a shot of dill pickle juice. You either love them or hate them,there is no middle ground. Jon talked me out of corned beef, he said we are taking it easy and ordering food for delivery. Who am I to argue?
    1 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh god, that sounds horrible..............jameson and then pickle juice

take out food sounds like just the ticket!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    oh god, that sounds horrible..............jameson and then pickle juice

take out food sounds like just the ticket!!!
    I had a similar reaction when I first got.offered one, but since I like both Jameson and pickles I went along with our friends and tried it. Jon loves them.

If you ever try them, be sure to specify "dill" pickle juice. We had a bartender pull the okie doke and give us bread and butter pickle juice and I almost died. It is not the same.
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Picklebacks are a shot of Jameson Whiskey followed by a shot of dill pickle juice. You either love them or hate them,there is no middle ground. Jon talked me out of corned beef, he said we are taking it easy and ordering food for delivery. Who am I to argue?
    WOW, never heard of this one, I love pickle juice but not the Jameson part. Would love to watch people try this for the first time to see their reactions

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I sipped champagne and smoked and steamed a 4 pound corned beef Saturday and we made Reuben sandwiches for the family yesterday with the pastrami.

0 1