This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: St Paddys Day

Post Thanks / Like
    Pickle juice is also supposed to help you with a hangover. It helps replenish electrolytes lost by drinking.
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    it also cures "Keto-Flu"

Post Thanks / Like
    And ruins a perfectly good shot of Jameson's, which should be sipped, not shot.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope everyone had fun. I think some of the resorts did a St. Patrick's Day menu and party but we did not attend. When I was teaching we'd make shamrock shakes for the kids, dress in green, and make Irish potatoes as treat. Our area at home is strongly Italian and now a lot of Hispanic. Grocery stores get the corn beef in before St. Paddy's Day, but it doesn't sell all that well and it is usually marked down after the holiday.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    we had fun
    the funny thing is we almost ran out of meat!
    we had about 12 lbs of corned beef to start and once cooked I am guessing we lost about 40% (shrinkage.... )
    I think that next year I will ask folks do do the veggies and I will do the meat.

at the grocery yesterday the left over corned beefs were marked down.......so I bought 2 and they are in the freezer.

I wonder if Steve (schexc) went to the pop up st paddy restaurant?
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I hope everyone had fun. I think some of the resorts did a St. Patrick's Day menu and party but we did not attend. When I was teaching we'd make shamrock shakes for the kids, dress in green, and make Irish potatoes as treat. Our area at home is strongly Italian and now a lot of Hispanic. Grocery stores get the corn beef in before St. Paddy's Day, but it doesn't sell all that well and it is usually marked down after the holiday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    And ruins a perfectly good shot of Jameson's, which should be sipped, not shot.
    Haha...not the first time we have been told this. I do enjoy Jameson sipped too.
    Always planning our next trip
    0 1