This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Stay Safe friends - Huuricane Ian

Post Thanks / Like
    Walt, your community was smart to cancel it. There is an event in the town next to-a huge 2 day juried craft show at outdoor/indoor venue. It draws people from multiple states. This year I volunteered to help. We are now on the border of 1-2 inches and 2-3 inches of windy rain(gale warning) between Friday night and Sunday night. It is a rain or shine event. I am supposed to help in the kid art area outside under a tent on Saturday morning. Should be fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Margaritas sound like the perfect solution to see you through...now if you could just find those bacon seeds...

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Lisa it's really windy and cloudy right now, rain is supposed to be here soon. I work in a building that's right on the beach and the surf was already pounding when I left this afternoon. We're being cautious and having margaritas while we wait for something, or nothing, to happen. We have an annual event called the Neptune Festival. Everything has been cancelled except the International Sandcastle Competition. You can see the surf conditions and the structure where the competition is in this cam view. We live about a mile from the coast and 6 miles south of this cam location. This is the Watermans cam, the place that invented the Orange Crush cocktail.

Watermans Webcam on Virginia Beach Boardwalk - Live Beaches
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    update from BRADYBEAR
    She lives in the New Smyrna Beach area (just a bit south of Daytona)
    from her FB page and she has also texted me a few times.

"Just wanted to let my friends and family know that the Storm has passed! Chose to stay at work since Wed
    Caring for the patients was main priority. This is what nursing is all about. Caring and compassion
    Loss power, internet and cell services. Again minor. When a patient tells you thank you ask for a hug, gives you a peck on the cheek and say love you \

Some damage to the house, all is replaceable..
    Sill no power, no internet, cell service. Generator does do most of the house, we aren't running the ac and hot water.
    Enough hot water for a quick shower, pj's on,
    Was able to order wings and pizza. Time to chill with adult drinks"
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    update from BRADYBEAR
    She lives in the New Smyrna Beach area (just a bit south of Daytona)
    from her FB page and she has also texted me a few times.

"Just wanted to let my friends and family know that the Storm has passed! Chose to stay at work since Wed
    Caring for the patients was main priority. This is what nursing is all about. Caring and compassion
    Loss power, internet and cell services. Again minor. When a patient tells you thank you ask for a hug, gives you a peck on the cheek and say love you \

Some damage to the house, all is replaceable..
    Sill no power, no internet, cell service. Generator does do most of the house, we aren't running the ac and hot water.
    Enough hot water for a quick shower, pj's on,
    Was able to order wings and pizza. Time to chill with adult drinks"
    I was thinking if her yesterday and wondered how she was doing. Glad they at least have a generator. It sounds like she is staying positive which will help her get through it all. Still it has to be challenging!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you are all ok. Absolutely terrible what happened in FL....
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Walt, how bad did it get where you live?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not terrible. A lot of trash from the winds everywhere, trees down, serious tidal flooding, but we made out okay. Some areas are still without power, and we have more rain and wind starting tonight through Wednesday.
    I want to grow my own food, but I can't find any bacon seeds...
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Well im glad everyone is safe. Homes/property can always be repaired.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Not terrible. A lot of trash from the winds everywhere, trees down, serious tidal flooding, but we made out okay. Some areas are still without power, and we have more rain and wind starting tonight through Wednesday.
    Happy to hear that Walt - it could have been so much worse!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We are getting that rain now, too. Some rain yesterday, but heavy most of the day today and will continue until Tuesday or Wednesday. The shore is expects flooding.