This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaving your pup on vacation

Post Thanks / Like

Leaving your pup on vacation

I always find it hard to leave our beloved yellow lab, Maddy when we go on vacation. We’re headed to Vegas tomorrow morning and we had to leave her someplace new as our regular guy bailed. This resort seems great and I love that they offer a webcam so we can check on her, but we dropped her off at 9:00 am and by 3:00 they had not sent the link. So... we’re at the airport Hilton and I’m emailing them saying I want to check on her. They sent the link and I’ve spent the last half hour watching her in the play area with the other dogs. Guess I’m just the crazy dog lady!!!! Is this normal?

0 0

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    We make our kids send photos as proof of life so no, you are not crazy. We even need proof of life photos of the stray cat we feed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear Maddy is having some fun on her vacation too I think this is the cutest thing I am always telling Ray he should get another golden retrieve to keep him company while I'm at work. I wish he would agree and he would get a kick out of watching his pup on webcam.

Safe travels Peg and fun trip!

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    safe and fun and profitable travels Peg and Tom!

our vet took the kennelcam OUT of the kennel because of people like me...............(remember Belle is OLD, Deaf and mostly sleeps, pees, eats)
    I was fixated on that damn camera.
    If she was sleeping I would call and ask that they go in and check to make sure she was not dead.
    Once there was a poop in her kennel and I looked at it for upwards of an hour and I became NUTS that it was not immediately cleaned up.
    So, the vet sent out a nice letter to all clients about month ago basically stating that although he thought the concept of the kennel cams terrific, they seemed to cause much anxiety with the "parents".
    Please Peg, do not become me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been totally obsessed!! She’s now back in her room sleeping. It has given me at least some level of comfort that she is safe and taken care of. I could become you Andrea!!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Now, I can sleep tonight
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Leaving your pup on vacation-844eea14-949c-4d4d-986e-cbdf86eb0c30-jpg  

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Safe travels Peg and Tom! We are envious of all the travel you guys are able to do and hope someday to be as fortunate. Luckily we don't have pets to contend with, but since I'm still employed, that life is far off. Win big!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a wonderful time Peg!!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Now, I can sleep tonight
    Looks like she is pooped out from playing with all her new friends today :-)

0 1

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    the thing is you are always thinking that they think you abandoned them since they don't have a concept of time. when we had our lab, I never had a good time worrying about her and she stayed with family. if my cat didn't stay with her step-sister, my SD, I couldn't go away for 5 weeks. But that's a good thing that we love our fur babies that much. Think of all the ones that don't have parents like us. My feral cat we feed won't come in the house, tried. but she (we think its a she), but she has two houses, a lightweight for summer and a super duper insulated for winter. she has toys, a scratching post. we try to give her frontline (which isn't ez), AND she runs when she hears the treat jar shaking no matter where she is (which is never too far from our house).