This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thanksgiving Celebrations

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I am awaiting the news on "sir pee a lot"
    I hope the dog does not come to your house!
    Her highness has not let us know if she and sir pee a lot are coming or not. It would be nice to know if, when and for how long. I used to plan around her being here, now I just plan what I need to plan and she has to deal with it.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought of "sir pee a lot" yesterday when my disgusting next door neighbor was in my backyard letting his dog pee on the side of my house. I took a photo and will submit to the POA board tomorrow and hope that they will speak to him.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Her highness has not let us know if she and sir pee a lot are coming or not. It would be nice to know if, when and for how long. I used to plan around her being here, now I just plan what I need to plan and she has to deal with it.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We had the best Thanksgiving with Jon's family today. It's really the most relaxing family I have ever experienced, especially around the holidays. Jon's mom is an amazing cook - her food is perfect. We had all the traditional holiday foods with the addition of a veggie pot pie for the vegetarians and a new one for me, deviled eggs made from duck eggs. Jon's brother has chickens, ducks, and turkeys as pets. Other than being slightly larger, I did not notice a difference at all and would not have know they were duck eggs if we weren't told.
    We enjoyed visiting with the new great niece and 2 year old great nephew. We also got to enjoy just the 2nd Redskins win of the season, which was unexpected and kind of pointless but still enjoyable since we are all dedicated fans. The weather was great too so we got out for a walk around the neighborhood and tossing a football around. We will be missing the annual flag football Turkey Bowl where our family takes on my sister in laws neighbor's family. It's been happening for about 10 years on Thanksgiving morning. We have missed a couple with our trips but Jon says he is retired anyway..lol
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    We go to my SIL and BIL's house every year and they host our whole family including our kids and our kids in-laws so everyone can be together. It is an amazing gesture not easy to fit in the 17-18 of us (including her sister's family) in our growing family.

We always bring something, usually desserts, but this year, I am also bringing a cheese platter. I'm a cheese addict and probably would be a cheese monger as a 2nd career. I was able to obtain some of the cheese voted the #1 cheese in the world at the world championships in Italy last month. It is actually made in the US by Rouge Creamery in Oregon and it is an amazing blue cheese called Rouge River Blue. You can read the article about it here.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/w...rnd/index.html

I will add to this a couple of other selected cheeses and assorted crackers, crostini, etc. so that all can try this amazing cheese! Even my wife, who is not a blue cheese fan, loved this cheese when she tasted it. It is virtually sold out everywhere that might carry fine cheeses.

Its always nice to add something new to the traditional foods which we all love every year.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
    Brian

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    My SIL called about 30 minutes ago to say she wasn't coming, which I kinda figured. It takes her two days to get here, so yeah, she would have known yesterday what she was doing.

1 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    maybe "sir pee a lot" has a UTI , making traveling difficult

My SIL called about 30 minutes ago to say she wasn't coming, which I kinda figured. It takes her two days to get here, so yeah, she would have known yesterday what she was doing.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    maybe "sir pee a lot" has a UTI , making traveling difficult
    lol. He would not have been able to get through the snow that is predicted up there.

1 0

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning everyone,

A very Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends here on the forum.

Glenn
    Winnipeg, Canada
    0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey there glenn!
    how deep is the snow in Winnipeg?
    wishing you and yours happiness and health
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    ahh. Kids (son and gf) plane came in a few minutes early yesterday. It is sooo good to see them! Stu's cousin said they'd be here between 2 and 3 and arrived after 330 . Only came with one of the two self invited guests. Son and gf left before dessert to go her family who live nearby(younger son drove them and just went to pick them up). Stu's cousins left about 30 minutes ago with a lot of food.

0 0