This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For those of you that worked or are working remotely

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

For those of you that worked or are working remotely

For those of you that began working remotely during the pandemic ...
    will the remote working continue now that things are looking better?
    Did you (do you) like it? Love it? Hate it? Tolerate it?
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I was 100 percent remote last spring. This fall we returned to hybrid model, and as of April 27th we are back full-time. I miss the hybrid, lol. Getting up at 7:15 to teach at 7:45 was wonderful. Back full time and I hate my position more than ever, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    For those of you that began working remotely during the pandemic ...
    will the remote working continue now that things are looking better?
    Did you (do you) like it? Love it? Hate it? Tolerate it?
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know how you do it Jay. If I hated my job I'd be gone in a flash. On the other hand, I love my job. I have been working and travelling since this all started, but I do have the option to work from home also. I get almost 30 days of leave every year and I use most of them in Aruba. My building is on the beach on the Atlantic Ocean and can see it every day I go in. My schedule will probably stay the same for the foreseeable future. I go in 2 or 3 days a week and the rest of the time I'm on travel or working from home.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    my DIL was remote March -June 2020.
    teaching Kindergarten..........she said it was like herding cats.
    back in classroom since late August and loving every minute of being in the classroom with the kids under her control.
    she moves to 3rd grade late August and is excited about the change!
    mostly about reading to learn, instead or learning to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I was 100 percent remote last spring. This fall we returned to hybrid model, and as of April 27th we are back full-time. I miss the hybrid, lol. Getting up at 7:15 to teach at 7:45 was wonderful. Back full time and I hate my position more than ever, lol.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive got 2 years plus a few months....I could do that standing on my head. The benefits of lifetime insurance at a low cost and a pension are worth sticking it out 2 more years.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Don't know how you do it Jay. If I hated my job I'd be gone in a flash. On the other hand, I love my job. I have been working and travelling since this all started, but I do have the option to work from home also. I get almost 30 days of leave every year and I use most of them in Aruba. My building is on the beach on the Atlantic Ocean and can see it every day I go in. My schedule will probably stay the same for the foreseeable future. I go in 2 or 3 days a week and the rest of the time I'm on travel or working from home.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    yup, I get it.
    Paul's last 18 mos working were horrible and he counted the days til he hit 30 yrs in.
    then bye bye!

Ive got 2 years plus a few months....I could do that standing on my head. The benefits of lifetime insurance at a low cost and a pension are worth sticking it out 2 more years.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep- those of us close to leaving are basically done...I still do a great job while teaching...I just don't enjoy the daily crap. All that said, I am out at 55 so I will figure it out- I do love the 2 guys I work with daily. We spend our days talking crypto, and talk about celebrating in Aruba when we all hit it big-we all love Aruba, all in crypto- and love sports it does not get better on that level. I love my coworkers- hate the job....oh well.

yup, I get it.
    Paul's last 18 mos working were horrible and he counted the days til he hit 30 yrs in.
    then bye bye!

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I loved my job and the swimmers..........the coworkers and their lack of work ethic, I did not love them.
    That nonsense lasted 5 yrs.

Yep- those of us close to leaving are basically done...I still do a great job while teaching...I just don't enjoy the daily crap. All that said, I am out at 55 so I will figure it out- I do love the 2 guys I work with daily. We spend our days talking crypto, and talk about celebrating in Aruba when we all hit it big-we all love Aruba, all in crypto- and love sports it does not get better on that level. I love my coworkers- hate the job....oh well.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive got my retirement jobs lined up- all of which I LOVE. Varsity Soccer coach in my home town, I do the basketball scoreboard for all the HS games- Boys and girls at all levels, and I now do the Lax scoreboard for boys and girls Varsity lax in the spring. I will add in something else I enjoy to keep me busy.

I loved my job and the swimmers..........the coworkers and their lack of work ethic, I did not love them.
    That nonsense lasted 5 yrs.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I was fully remote for most of 2020. I have been back 1 or 2 days a week in person since last summer except for around the holidays and after our Aruba trip I was home for most of December. We were told a few weeks ago to expect to be back full time in the office on July 1, but with our state being full open by the end of May I am wondering if that will be moved up. I absolutely love working from home. I get so much more work done and I think the quality of what I am producing is better too. At home I can focus on the work, in the office there are more distractions and I am often a sounding board for others.. Before the pandemic I was remote 1 day a week. I am hoping after the initial return and everything calms down I will be able to go back to either 1 or 2 remote days per week. We have new leadership so will be their call on future teleworking options.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 05-15-2021 at 08:48 PM.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 1