This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Trip to France Sept. 28-Oct.14

Post Thanks / Like
    I can’t get over how much you are doing this trip and it all sounds wonderful. Enjoying your posts!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm on travel to the gulf coast this week and I finally got a chance to view all of your pictures. Man, you guys really got around. Your pictures are wonderful, thanks for sharing them with us.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Last day. Up early. We had to be at the meeting point for our Versailles tour at7:45 and it was a good 25-35 minute walk. The streets were quiet. Restaurants were cleaning their awnings and/or washing their pavements. It was cold-in the mid/upper 40s. We got there in time and no one was around. I waited 10 minutes. The meeting point named a restaurant level at a hotel and we were outside the restaurant. I decided to check the lobby, but the doors from the restaurant in were closed although the restaurant was open. I told Stu I would go into the lobby via the main entrance and as I started down the stairs, I saw guides outside the front door wjp had no idea why our paperwork said what it did, however; it was better than the person who was given a location on the end of Paris. We boarded out bus and I fell asleep before we were out of Paris. Versailles is huge, very ornate with beautiful gardens. Once we returned to Paris, we had lunch, hopped on to the Metro(it is so clean, bright and has really nice cars) and headed toward an area we had not explored yet. We walked to the Pantheon, Luxenbourg Gardens and then into the Latin Quarter. Stopped for some cool drinks and made our way to Musee D'Orsay knowing it was too late to enter. By this time it was after 5 pm, so back onto the Metro and then hobbled back to our hotel. I took care of some paperwork and got the photos from Stu's phone(not his camera which he has a full card and did not bring a back up) and rested before getting dinner some place close.

Tomorrow, we are getting picked up around 5 am for our flight to the UK and then Philly. I'll work on my pictures at the airport and upload them then.

We had an awesome time this trip and realized a few things: 1) Paris is so much bigger than I thought 2) the trip we had planned for last year that got moved to this year and is now next year cannot happen the way we planned it-it will be shortened. 3) Over the past two weeks, I walked close to 90 miles-my house to center city Philadelphia and back. The legs held out, but boy do the feet hurt. 4) I miss my king sized bed. 5) The scale will not be my friend when I get home.

0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Your trip report and photos have been amazing Robin and I've enjoyed living through your updates! The places you and Stu have been and seen are amazing. That is a lot of walking, so happy you guys had the stamina and was able to go where you went, so many folks would not be able to handle that. I've been sharing some of the info with a few of my friends and we are all in agreement, an outstanding trip! Safe travels!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Loved everything and you've been so diligent about "taking us along". Can't wait to see even more incredible pics from your adventures. But my feet have been hurting for a few days now...safe travels home!
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    my feet have been hurting too!

I will miss France when this trip ends tomorrow.

Robin can you 2 stay a little longer?

Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Loved everything and you've been so diligent about "taking us along". Can't wait to see even more incredible pics from your adventures. But my feet have been hurting for a few days now...safe travels home!
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Home Sweet Home!

Travel day was uneventful, but long. We were picked up before 5 am for a very quiet 45 minute ride out to the airport. I didn't notice much because I was so angry over an email-(long story, not for here). We waited for 45 minutes for check in to open. Very quiet in the airport and smooth flight to Heathrow. Spent some time in the lounge until they put up on the board that we would be going out of a different terminal, so off we went to get the train to 5B from 5A. Boarding started late, but the plane was maybe 1/3 full. Again, very smooth flight and arrived in PHL 25 minutes early. Customs/immigration was easy, too. I noticed that they finally did something about the cameras being so high on the Global Entry Kiosk. You can now move the camera up or down. Sadly, I notice it after it took a picture of my forehead. The van to pick up the car came right away. It was rush hour, but we still were home a little after 530. We went to dinner early and have mostly unpacked. I'll update the pictures in the next day or so. Right now we have been up for 22 hours with only a few cat naps.

Thank you all for reading. I hope it wasn't too boring. I hope I didn't sound like I was bragging, but just excited to travel again. Someone asked me what I brought back and besides a few things for the kids, and friends kids, nothing really-some foodstuff. However, the 2000 pictures and the experience and fun and laughter is everything.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank you for sharing your experiences with us.
    it was a wonderful trip and I am so glad that we were included.

bragging............not a chance!
    you do not thumb your nose at others and try to make other's feel inadequate, inferior and 2nd class by boasting.
    you just give the trip report and it certainly was an interesting read.
    speaking for myself.............loved every aspect of your trip!!

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Home Sweet Home!

Travel day was uneventful, but long. We were picked up before 5 am for a very quiet 45 minute ride out to the airport. I didn't notice much because I was so angry over an email-(long story, not for here). We waited for 45 minutes for check in to open. Very quiet in the airport and smooth flight to Heathrow. Spent some time in the lounge until they put up on the board that we would be going out of a different terminal, so off we went to get the train to 5B from 5A. Boarding started late, but the plane was maybe 1/3 full. Again, very smooth flight and arrived in PHL 25 minutes early. Customs/immigration was easy, too. I noticed that they finally did something about the cameras being so high on the Global Entry Kiosk. You can now move the camera up or down. Sadly, I notice it after it took a picture of my forehead. The van to pick up the car came right away. It was rush hour, but we still were home a little after 530. We went to dinner early and have mostly unpacked. I'll update the pictures in the next day or so. Right now we have been up for 22 hours with only a few cat naps.

Thank you all for reading. I hope it wasn't too boring. I hope I didn't sound like I was bragging, but just excited to travel again. Someone asked me what I brought back and besides a few things for the kids, and friends kids, nothing really-some foodstuff. However, the 2000 pictures and the experience and fun and laughter is everything.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Loved your trip report and so appreciate your taking time to post. Can’t wait for the rest of the photos.

0 0