This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on Tom’s surgery

Post Thanks / Like
    Peg, I am so happy to hear the great news. A relief for both of you. So glad you have Vegas to look forward to. Enjoy the planning!!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Again, thank you all for the well wishes! I spoke with Tom last night and this morning and he sounds good. Most importantly, I can understand him even though his tongue and neck are swollen. There was concern that the surgery would impact his speech. The hospital is encouraging phone visits so I decided to let him rest today and go in tomorrow. Looks like they plan to keep him at least until Saturday since he has two drains. They’ll remove one today. Really sorry if this was too much information!!! I’m still a little stressed.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so glad things went well with Tom's surgery! Hope his recovery is super speedy and he's back home soon!
    Darlene
    0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not too much info.
    We r glad all is progressing ok!!
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?
    Karma...It is pronounced "HaHaHaHa"
    SIDTM

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We want to know how he (and you) are doing! After all, in a way we are a little family of sorts. Sounds like he is doing well. So what are you doing on your own for the first time in over a year? What time are the boy toys swinging by tonight? We won't tell Tom!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    We want to know how he (and you) are doing! After all, in a way we are a little family of sorts. Sounds like he is doing well. So what are you doing on your own for the first time in over a year? What time are the boy toys swinging by tonight? We won't tell Tom!
    Funny!! I actually feel a little guilty as I’m just hanging out at home, reading the forum and watching TV. I did go to the local clam shack and got a Greek salad to go. Came home to a nice big glass of wine.

I have been monitoring Tom’s progress on the portal though. Every time they take his blood sugars or some doctor comes to talk to him the info is posted. Not at all like the old days when it was impossible to get updates. Hmmm, “boy toys” guess I’m a little too old for that!!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so glad he is doing well and you have access to the info you need. Technology can be a very good thing.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I am so glad he is doing well and you have access to the info you need. Technology can be a very good thing.
    Thanks Robin. I’m actually surprised at how much info has been posted. It helps to check in and see what the test results are and what the doctors are saying. Gives me some peace of mind.

0 2

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad Tom is doing well. I know you two like Vegas, any plans to return soon? Word is it has gotten much busier lately.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    Glad Tom is doing well. I know you two like Vegas, any plans to return soon? Word is it has gotten much busier lately.
    We have an August trip booked. I had reserved it before we knew about Tom’s diagnosis. It works out though. He has something to look forward to and plenty of time to recover from the surgery.

0 3