This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Update on Tom’s surgery

Post Thanks / Like
    Great news! I am glad he is doing well! Scars say we are tough and we are survivors.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thrilled to hear Tom is home and doing well!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    So glad Tom is home with you!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    How is Mr Tom, now 1 week post surgery?

Sending our good wishes.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom is doing okay. He actually took the car for an oil change yesterday! It’s frustrating because he wants to jump right back in and I want him to take it easy until he has his post op appointment on Monday. His neck is still terribly swollen. He has no pain fortunately. When he was discharged the Doctor told him to call if his neck “blows up”. I’m always looking at him to see if it looks worse, which of course, annoys him. Life is kind of stressful at the moment!

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad he is doing well! I understand what you are going through. Stu had Mohs surgery on Friday(skin cancer removal-he's had dozens of them done). This one got infected. He wasn't worried at first and I was very nervous. He finally agreed to call the doctor, but downplayed his fever and she put him on antibiotics. She has been in touch daily and we had to go back yesterday because she didn't like the daily pictures I was taking. He still won't slow down/stay off it as much as he should, then he is in pain and grumpy and guess who gets the brunt of his grumpiness? I have figure out there are two type of men: (sorry guys) 1. everything is a big deal 2. nothing is a big deal. There is no inbetween.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear Tom is doing well. Maybe if you keep reminding him of your upcoming Vegas trip, he might slow down...who am I kidding? Hang in there, Peg! Call up the Manchebo webcam and stare at the screen for awhile. It's a beautiful day there!

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Tom is doing okay. He actually took the car for an oil change yesterday! It’s frustrating because he wants to jump right back in and I want him to take it easy until he has his post op appointment on Monday. His neck is still terribly swollen. He has no pain fortunately. When he was discharged the Doctor told him to call if his neck “blows up”. I’m always looking at him to see if it looks worse, which of course, annoys him. Life is kind of stressful at the moment!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Robin, sorry to hear about Stu’s infection. The fever would have made me nervous. I hope it clears quickly. Tom has also had the Mohs surgery 3 or 4 times. It’s no fun. I really do try not to hover but it’s hard sometimes.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Glad to hear Tom is doing well. Maybe if you keep reminding him of your upcoming Vegas trip, he might slow down...who am I kidding? Hang in there, Peg! Call up the Manchebo webcam and stare at the screen for awhile. It's a beautiful day there!
    It’s funny, I was checking the webcam early last evening and it was looking busy. I’ve really missed our trips. I’m tempted to book something for late November, early December as the cancellation policies are still flexible. I know Tom doesn’t want to deal with the testing requirements etc so that’s my hesitation.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think any of us will need to be dealing with the testing requirements by November. I seriously doubt I'll have to deal with them for my trip in August!

Have you thought about just going ahead and making a reservation with Vivian so you at least know you have a room? Their cancellation policy is so good, there wouldn't be much of a risk and then you'd know you CAN go if everything calms down (and airfares aren't still through the roof!). Go for it, Peg!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    It’s funny, I was checking the webcam early last evening and it was looking busy. I’ve really missed our trips. I’m tempted to book something for late November, early December as the cancellation policies are still flexible. I know Tom doesn’t want to deal with the testing requirements etc so that’s my hesitation.
    0 0