This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: US/Canada Covid cases down.

  1. #1
    Senior Member ArubaAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Posts
    2,439
    Post Thanks / Like

    US/Canada Covid cases down.


    New Covid-19 cases in the U.S. are down 79% since the peak on January 11 and they continue to fall, as more and more people gain immunity through vaccination. New cases in Canada are down 64% since the peak on January 9. Click
    here to see numbers for the U.S. and click here to see numbers for Canada.

    The U.S. will be the first large country in the world to fully vaccinate all adults who want the vaccine, by sometime in May. All Canadians who want the vaccine are expected to get it by September, though I'd be surprised if that didn't happen sooner.

    International travel is high on the wish list of people who have been cooped up and restricted for a year, regardless of vaccine preference, and it remains to be seen which countries and travel companies will require vaccination when the world first reopens. Next week I'll provide an updated list.

    Cruise lines are preparing to resume operating as soon as authorities allow it.
    1 0
     

  2. #2
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    7,411
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I have been reading is that President Biden wants all Americans to be eligible to receive the vaccine by May 1st. I would imagine it will still take a few more months after May 1st to get everyone vaccinated.

    0 0
     

  3. #3
    Senior Member ArubaAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Posts
    2,439
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    What I have been reading is that President Biden wants all Americans to be eligible to receive the vaccine by May 1st. I would imagine it will still take a few more months after May 1st to get everyone vaccinated.
    Yes that is a tall order. I qualify under physical conditions and I can't get an appointment. They are all booked or not taking any appointments on account that they ran out of vaccines.
    0 0
     

  4. #4
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    7,411
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Yes that is a tall order. I qualify under physical conditions and I can't get an appointment. They are all booked or not taking any appointments on account that they ran out of vaccines.
    I hope you can get an appointment soon. It’s a stressful process when you can’t book an appointment.

    0 0
     

  5. #5
    Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    961
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel like by the time I'm eligible and can get an appointment, they'll be working on a new vaccine LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I hope you can get an appointment soon. It’s a stressful process when you can’t book an appointment.


    0 0
     

  6. #6
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    7,411
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    I feel like by the time I'm eligible and can get an appointment, they'll be working on a new vaccine LOL
    Well, if that happens, you will at least be covered for all the variants!! I’m noticing here in Mass the number of places to be vaccinated has increased quite a bit. CVS has opened up a number of their stores to vaccinations. It also seems like the supply of vaccine is more plentiful so hopefully that’s the same everywhere.

    0 0
     

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like
    Going in July and it seems Aruba has had an increase in covid. Are they vaccinating yet? I had covid in Dec 28th and received BAM (infusion of anti bodies) and cannot get the vaccine as of yet.
    0 0
     

  8. #8
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    4,741
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sktukfan View Post
    Going in July and it seems Aruba has had an increase in covid. Are they vaccinating yet? I had covid in Dec 28th and received BAM (infusion of anti bodies) and cannot get the vaccine as of yet.
    They started vaccinating about a month ago. They hope to have most of the people vaccinated by mid summer.






    0 0
     

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    I begin to doubt figures nowadays ;( But I hope it is true that Covid cases are really going down and I hope it wont rise up.
    0 0
     

  10. #10
    Senior Member susan.b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    226
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where we live in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada, we are just beginning the registration for 75 and over. It is awful. We are a "hot spot" and our cases are ramping right up. The vaccines seem to be staying in southern Ontario. We only had 3 cases at Christmas and we are now in lockdown. I wish everybody on this forum safety and wellness.
    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •