This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Venting

Post Thanks / Like

Venting

My sister-in-law and her very spoiled dog arrived yesterday. My SIL has a cough that does not go away, but then again she stops taking everything the doctor gives her. She says siping alcohol helps. First thing she does is get a drink before going to walk his highness. Come back in with him and there is a mess on his rear(yes, we get the full report of what he does outside). Instead of cleaning him up, she proceeds to get David to finish unloading the car. His highness sits on my tile and leaves a mess there that I have to clean up because she says it isn't from him(my floors where cleaned earlier in the day), then this morning there is some on the wood flooring. She doesn't think it was from him. Really, like we scoot our butts on the floor. She won't make him stay away from people when they are eating or working with food-he even jumps on you while you are using knives or carrying food. She says he always stays with her in the kitchen-she feeds him as she is making whatever. If that dog gets under my feet tomorrow while I am trying to prepare for our seder, he'll accidentally end up wearing something. I love dogs and have had them in the past, but none behaved this way and she thinks he'll make a good therapy dog. He does not listen to a thing she says.

Then she proceeds to talk about how low her income is and how she now qualifies for certain programs(lives in Canada). Later she talks about the vacations she is hoping to take and all the stuff she is buying-like the $3000+ mattress, the $800 vacuum, etc. She had me order a stand mixer for her. She said she ordered from Wayfair before, but didn't want to put it on her credit card but did so on a much more expensive item. She had to have that specific mixer because it was the strongest motor. She might use it once a year. If she wasn't buying the mixer we would not know she was coming. She told us she was coming to Thanksgiving and then didn't. It all depends on the weather and how she is feeling. Then when she decides a few days before she seems surprised that Stu is working in the evening and I have make plans-doctor's appointments, meetings, stuff to be done at the house, etc. There is just so much more that I'd be here all day. This is the one spot she hasn't found me on. She tried to friend some of my friends on FB, so I have to be careful what I say there and I can't call anyone because she listens in just like I know she was in the medicine cabinet a few visits ago because she asked me about one of them or she brings in our mail, but looks at it first.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Yuk!!! It may be time to put your foot down. Tell her she is welcome to visit but his highness is not. Families can be so challenging at times. Venting helps and it’s nice to have a safe place to do it, like here!! Hope your day goes better.

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    She and her poopy bum dog need to go home........YESTERDAY.
    We go thru a pack of baby wipes every 3 or 4 weeks wiping our dog's bum.
    Throw them OUT .

BTW

Happy Passover!!
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    My sister-in-law and her very spoiled dog arrived yesterday. My SIL has a cough that does not go away, but then again she stops taking everything the doctor gives her. She says siping alcohol helps. First thing she does is get a drink before going to walk his highness. Come back in with him and there is a mess on his rear(yes, we get the full report of what he does outside). Instead of cleaning him up, she proceeds to get David to finish unloading the car. His highness sits on my tile and leaves a mess there that I have to clean up because she says it isn't from him(my floors where cleaned earlier in the day), then this morning there is some on the wood flooring. She doesn't think it was from him. Really, like we scoot our butts on the floor. She won't make him stay away from people when they are eating or working with food-he even jumps on you while you are using knives or carrying food. She says he always stays with her in the kitchen-she feeds him as she is making whatever. If that dog gets under my feet tomorrow while I am trying to prepare for our seder, he'll accidentally end up wearing something. I love dogs and have had them in the past, but none behaved this way and she thinks he'll make a good therapy dog. He does not listen to a thing she says.

Then she proceeds to talk about how low her income is and how she now qualifies for certain programs(lives in Canada). Later she talks about the vacations she is hoping to take and all the stuff she is buying-like the $3000+ mattress, the $800 vacuum, etc. She had me order a stand mixer for her. She said she ordered from Wayfair before, but didn't want to put it on her credit card but did so on a much more expensive item. She had to have that specific mixer because it was the strongest motor. She might use it once a year. If she wasn't buying the mixer we would not know she was coming. She told us she was coming to Thanksgiving and then didn't. It all depends on the weather and how she is feeling. Then when she decides a few days before she seems surprised that Stu is working in the evening and I have make plans-doctor's appointments, meetings, stuff to be done at the house, etc. There is just so much more that I'd be here all day. This is the one spot she hasn't found me on. She tried to friend some of my friends on FB, so I have to be careful what I say there and I can't call anyone because she listens in just like I know she was in the medicine cabinet a few visits ago because she asked me about one of them or she brings in our mail, but looks at it first.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no, oh heck no. She and her dog would be out the door in seconds. I had an issue with an in-law, and they aren't allowed in my house anymore. Robin, put your foot down now. And if that doesn't work, keep venting here, we don't mind

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank-you all. Spud is replacement for her son who passed away Sept. 2015 of leukemia. She doesn't go anywhere without him. She even took him to Mexico. I love dogs, but he just doesn't listen because she doesn't make him listen and he is not very bright. It has taken 3 years of him visiting several times a year not to bark if we leave the room and then return. I heard him scratching at the carpet last night. I probably should look for the pee spot, but I am hoping she'll step in it first. She takes him out hoping to find other dogs for him to play with. Neighbors have mentioned she just walks up driveways if she sees dogs. We've how had to talk to her about how dangerous it is to walk on to strangers property who have dogs because even though they are all friendly to people, they are protective and her little dog wouldn't have a chance against the larger dogs. She doesn't get it.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Spud peed in my dining room.

Spud wanted to go out in the afternoon. He walked to her Jeep like he wanted to go somewhere. She puts him in the Jeep gathers all her and his things and takes his highness for a drive because that is what he wants.

Not even going to go into all the bs that she spews these days. hubby is right. She is a bitter woman.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Spud peed in my dining room.

Spud wanted to go out in the afternoon. He walked to her Jeep like he wanted to go somewhere. She puts him in the Jeep gathers all her and his things and takes his highness for a drive because that is what he wants.

Not even going to go into all the bs that she spews these days. hubby is right. She is a bitter woman.
    It’s kind of sad but there is something to be said for a person who loves her dog. It’s too bad she isn’t able to see that his highness needs better manners when visiting.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, he is her whole life it seems like and he runs it. She left him with me and went to a store with Stu. My son's gf was eating and he actually snarled at her because she didn't give him any. He rules her but doesn't get away with that with any of us and still loves to be with us. He doesn't know any commands-sit, stay, come or if he does he chooses only to follow them when he wants to. I just sewed up his bed because he chewed up the corners and pulled out the stuffing. She usually brings down something he's chewed for me to fix and I really don't sew all that well-I can't construct a garment or put in a zipper, but have made simple things that require just straight(almost straight) seams.

It isn't so much the dog is the fact that she lets him run things. My son said he thinks she is just lonely, but she is soooo negative, critical, angry, tries to be someone she isn't, has every medical issue known to man that she pushes people away. This has been going on before she lost her son, but has gotten so much worse. She wont take antidepressants.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m sure she doesn’t even realize that she comes across as negative. You’re obviously a good sister-in-law as she wants to visit with you and feels she can be herself.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We think your gonna need a vacation after this stay!
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 2