This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Venting

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank-you Peg. I don't feel that way. She leaves tomorrow. Can't wait.

Yes, I do need a vacation Sean or a very large drink. We are headed out for over a week on Friday because Stu has business in Northern Virginia and Myrtle Beach. We will being visiting with friends along the way.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds pretty self-destructive and it’s difficult to deal with a family member dealing with so many issues and you have to be careful how you interact with them. You can only wish them the best. You’re a great sister in law and are handling the situation like a trooper, for sure! I wouldn’t have the patience...

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Yes, he is her whole life it seems like and he runs it. She left him with me and went to a store with Stu. My son's gf was eating and he actually snarled at her because she didn't give him any. He rules her but doesn't get away with that with any of us and still loves to be with us. He doesn't know any commands-sit, stay, come or if he does he chooses only to follow them when he wants to. I just sewed up his bed because he chewed up the corners and pulled out the stuffing. She usually brings down something he's chewed for me to fix and I really don't sew all that well-I can't construct a garment or put in a zipper, but have made simple things that require just straight(almost straight) seams.

It isn't so much the dog is the fact that she lets him run things. My son said he thinks she is just lonely, but she is soooo negative, critical, angry, tries to be someone she isn't, has every medical issue known to man that she pushes people away. This has been going on before she lost her son, but has gotten so much worse. She wont take antidepressants.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. My patience would have been gone and I may have left the door open...only kidding but I would have sent them both home- not kidding there!

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    That sounds pretty self-destructive and it’s difficult to deal with a family member dealing with so many issues and you have to be careful how you interact with them. You can only wish them the best. You’re a great sister in law and are handling the situation like a trooper, for sure! I wouldn’t have the patience...

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    that dog NEEDS to go!!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Most dogs are as good as their owners are. I am struggling a bit getting our puppy to do everything we want her to do but she is still a puppy. That said she is just about 5 months now and does NOT use my house as her personal bathroom nor does she rub her butt all over the floor, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    that dog NEEDS to go!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, he was almost gone for good today. She took him out for a walk before going to the store(yes he goes everywhere). My neighbor across the street walked out of the house with the German Shepard. We think the dog mistook Spud for the dog next to him that he does not like.She pulled the leash from my neighbor's hand and ran through the yard, across the street and attacked Spud in the driveway. Luckily, my neighbor tackled their dog and pulled her off of Spud, who somehow got out of his harness and bolted for the front door leaving my sister-in-law in the driveway near her car, which is supposed to be in the street(if it was in the street she would have had the dog in the car by then). My SIL made it up to my door screaming and pounding on it. She was in a total panic attack when I opened the door(they had gone out the garage so the front door was locked). Spud came in right to me and my SIL finally got in but was hysterical. I didn't know who to attend to first-dog or her(I was so scared she'd have a heart attack or something). Decided to check the dog first to see if he was badly injured and was hoping that if he was okay it would help to calm her down. No blood or puncture marks, just slimy fur and possible bruising, which started to calm my SIL down. Then she said my neighbor had gone down hard. I called my son down to take care of his aunt and went to check on my neighbor but she and her kids were struggling to get the dog into the house and she said she was ok. I went back in and tried to clean up the matted, slimy fur and he let me, but later barred teeth when someone got near. My neighbor came over once she got the dog into the house. We evaluated Spud and decided he probably did not need to go to the emergency vet an hour away. My SIL called my niece's friend who is a vet tech and she made some suggestions-ice and benadryl, so I went to get the meds and she took Spud out for a walk. All seems okay now. Benadryl for the dog and rum for my sil. Stu just walked in so I have to tell him about it.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my, that had to have been horrendous. Hope everyone is feeling better today. You’re going to need a vacation after this visit!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Robin, you guys should have stayed in Aruba.

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope that your dil does not take this any further (meaning legalities)
    Spud and him mommy need to get "outta Dodge"

I am glad no one other was injured....except for Spud's being traumatized a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Well, he was almost gone for good today. She took him out for a walk before going to the store(yes he goes everywhere). My neighbor across the street walked out of the house with the German Shepard. We think the dog mistook Spud for the dog next to him that he does not like.She pulled the leash from my neighbor's hand and ran through the yard, across the street and attacked Spud in the driveway. Luckily, my neighbor tackled their dog and pulled her off of Spud, who somehow got out of his harness and bolted for the front door leaving my sister-in-law in the driveway near her car, which is supposed to be in the street(if it was in the street she would have had the dog in the car by then). My SIL made it up to my door screaming and pounding on it. She was in a total panic attack when I opened the door(they had gone out the garage so the front door was locked). Spud came in right to me and my SIL finally got in but was hysterical. I didn't know who to attend to first-dog or her(I was so scared she'd have a heart attack or something). Decided to check the dog first to see if he was badly injured and was hoping that if he was okay it would help to calm her down. No blood or puncture marks, just slimy fur and possible bruising, which started to calm my SIL down. Then she said my neighbor had gone down hard. I called my son down to take care of his aunt and went to check on my neighbor but she and her kids were struggling to get the dog into the house and she said she was ok. I went back in and tried to clean up the matted, slimy fur and he let me, but later barred teeth when someone got near. My neighbor came over once she got the dog into the house. We evaluated Spud and decided he probably did not need to go to the emergency vet an hour away. My SIL called my niece's friend who is a vet tech and she made some suggestions-ice and benadryl, so I went to get the meds and she took Spud out for a walk. All seems okay now. Benadryl for the dog and rum for my sil. Stu just walked in so I have to tell him about it.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We love your Aruba reports so much more. So relaxing. This is the guest trip report from hell. But you have us hanging on every word. Good Luck!
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0