This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What will you buy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Take care of family, of course.
    Book a paid in full trip somewhere for 100 or so of our closest friends and family to renew our vows (since we eloped the first time), probably state side for those who dont fly or have passports.
    Buy Jon the fishing boat of his dreams.
    Build our dream house on the water somewhere, with a boathouse and boat lift for my cruising around pontoon.
    After a year of just enjoying time with family and friends, I may go back to school for finance to take care of our own money and trusts, and donations.
    Always planning our next trip
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    We were just talking about this over breakfast.
    Take care of our children, family we like and friends.
    Take care of our struggling, little historic synagogue(built is the mid to late 1880s) so it can operate without financial worry.
    Set up endowments for our favorite charities.
    Stu wants a car museum.
    Pay off my godson's and sister's mother-to stay out of their lives for good. Money means more to her than the kids and she is a crazy, horrible person.
    Buy the 5th floor penthouse condo in our complex in Aruba.
    Fix up things at home.
    Get a Mustang convertible and a new SUV-something smaller than my Pilot-like a the CRV-I don't need an expensive one.
    Fly first class.
    Travel the world.
    Stu is a financial advisor, so he will know how to set up everything and he has lawyers he works with for trusts, wills, etc., so we would be set on that account.

0 3

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    "family we like"
    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

this could/should be a whole new topic.

Post Thanks / Like
    If we win, I'm calling Robin's husband!
    0 5

Post Thanks / Like
    “family we like” make me LOL. So relatable. No anonymous claiming in NJ unfortunately, but I guess I could get over it
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    OK...first thing would be to sign, and place in safe box at bank....contact account, tax lawyer, etc...
    Rent the entire top couple of floors at the Ritz and take a plane load of family and friends on an all expenses paid vacation !!!
    Then I would sit down with Dh and decide whose mortgages to pay off, how much to give to what family members (all probably) and I have a few friends that would love their mortgages paid !!!
    Oh...and a house in Aruba...Dh won't travel the globe, so that is out...I however can do it for him while he relaxes in Aruba in our own house !!!
    Then charities, AFTER..I find out how much on the dollar goes to the charity and how much goes into the pockets of the people running the charity...after the problem with Wounded Warriors I worry the money won't go where it is intended.
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I have often thought about setting up a scholarship fund for the many cousins and their children in our families. The ones that make the effort to apply and do community service would earn their scholarship and hopefully appreciate more than if it was just handed to them. Poor grades, they would have to pay back into the fund with interest. It's not about the money it's about appreciation and effort.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    First I will ask "friends/family if I can borrow $$.. those who can't loan it to me won't get any. lol
    Really.. I pinch myself several times. to make sure I was not dreaming.
    Take all the advice from the forum. Take care of my family, donate to my favorite charities; buy houses on the beaches all over
    Heck I may just buy the Red Sox.. lol
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    If we win, I'm calling Robin's husband!
    I'd like that!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We on the road. I purchased tickets in New Mexico and Texas(we are in Texas for the night). I wonder if I win(yeah, right) if I could get away claiming it in Texas anonymously?

0 0