This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: What are you doing to keep busy while at home?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have all the rooms upstairs and downstairs cleaned accept David's room which should get done this weekend since he is off for a week. The basement can wait until warmer weather or I get everything else done. I painted the laundry room today and yesterday and just need to hang some stuff back up on the walls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its a bit over 5 hours door to door. We will only go for extended trips. Xmas break, Feb break, 2 weeks over 4th, another week in the summer and possibly a few other tossed in depending on our mood. Its an hour flight from Boston as well so we could do that if we choose...CJ wants to fly....I rather drive.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Wow, Jay that is a surprise. Congratulations! It will be nice for CJ to be part of a family traditions. How long will it take you to get there from home?

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    for MANY years we made the trip to Sugarloaf from Waltham.
    It was 247 miles and the last 100 miles was at less than 50 mph and if the weather was bad, even slower.
    Always a 5 hr trip for us.
    We'd leave Friday afternoon.....I'd pick up Paul at Raytheon in Andover at 4 and we'd be in our rental townhouse by 9:30 pm and in bed by 10. Up and skiing by 8:45am on Sat and Sunday. We did this for years.......until the kid became involved in show choir and our lives revolved around that.

I expect that you and family will do the same a few times!

So happy for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Its a bit over 5 hours door to door. We will only go for extended trips. Xmas break, Feb break, 2 weeks over 4th, another week in the summer and possibly a few other tossed in depending on our mood. Its an hour flight from Boston as well so we could do that if we choose...CJ wants to fly....I rather drive.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    5 hours is very doable. I'd rather drive, too. It'll probably take just as long fly(between getting there, security, etc and getting a car when you get there, etc) as driving, plus you can stop for a meal or just to stretch your legs.

Post Thanks / Like
    We are all beyond excited about the next chapter in our lives. I am truly someone who cherishes history so to be able to buy the 1st place my wife lived in with her dad is beyond special to me/us...to raise our son and have him enjoy the same things as his mom, in the exact same spot is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    for MANY years we made the trip to Sugarloaf from Waltham.
    It was 247 miles and the last 100 miles was at less than 50 mph and if the weather was bad, even slower.
    Always a 5 hr trip for us.
    We'd leave Friday afternoon.....I'd pick up Paul at Raytheon in Andover at 4 and we'd be in our rental townhouse by 9:30 pm and in bed by 10. Up and skiing by 8:45am on Sat and Sunday. We did this for years.......until the kid became involved in show choir and our lives revolved around that.

I expect that you and family will do the same a few times!

So happy for you!
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 04-24-2020 at 11:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I so agree. We have made this trip for years. When we bought our 1st property on the lake and did not have CJ we went so often it was almost scary...and thought nothing of driving in on a Thursday night and coming home on a Monday to enjoy the weekend on the water. I don't think we will make as many of those trips but who knows. Getting CJ to water ski or wake board will be fun this summer. If his old man dad can figure out how to wake board after 40 I am sure he can pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    5 hours is very doable. I'd rather drive, too. It'll probably take just as long fly(between getting there, security, etc and getting a car when you get there, etc) as driving, plus you can stop for a meal or just to stretch your legs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jay, it will be great! What a great gift for CJ that you can give him that. The house I lived when I was little and my aunt and uncle's house next door are gone and a Tractor Supply is opening up next month in place of the houses and chicken coops.

Post Thanks / Like
    I braved Home Depot this morning. I was happy to see that everyone had masks and gloves on and being mindful of safe distancing. At the same time, I notice here as I have other places that people are friendlier, pointing out where things are, laughing when you see someone else with glasses and a mask on and commenting on how the mask makes our glasses fog up (it's a real issue for us four-eyed folk!).
    I ordered a strawberry pot and plants from QVC a couple of weeks ago so needed soil to get it planted before the plants started sprouting. Instead of planting all flowers on my deck this year, I've decided to combine them with a little victory garden. So besides some impatiens and vinca, I bought two kinds of lettuce, Italian parsley and sweet basil, as well as lavender. That will smell nice and I can dry it. I ran out of soil before I finished filling up my long planter box so couldn't finish planting the impatiens and vinca so I'll have to make a quick trip back to Home Depot for one more bag of soil.
    It's a beautiful day here in CT, warm and not a cloud in the sky. Good day for planting since it's supposed to rain tomorrow. Is still a bit early to have done the planting, but I'll bring the delicate ones in, especially the strawberries, at night for a couple of more weeks. I just really wanted to be outside and get my hands into some dirt. Always good for the soul, but especially these days.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We found a new way to kill time today. We have been watching horse races on TVG network on tv, and betting them online using a TwinSpires account. I love the Kentucky Derby but am not really into horse racing too much. I started with $30, got up to $94 and have worked it back down to around $50. Gamblers gonna gamble..haha.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Here’s something you can do at home
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What are you doing to keep busy while at home?-4276d8e8-c676-4b31-8d29-123aa8cea575-jpg  

0 0