This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to?

Post Thanks / Like

What are you listening to?

If you can tell me who sings it without looking it up I will be so impressed! If you don't love country you have zero chance. All that said- Who do you listen to? Who are your favorites probably more importantly. I would say my favorites in no order are the Beatles, Kenny Chesney, Neil Diamond, Boston, Pink Floyd, The Police and Steve Miller among others are who I grew up loving. How about you?
    April 17th- Aruba here we come!

1 1

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning everyone,

I'm caught in a time warp. I'm sure some really great music has been made after 1989 but I'm just not aware of any. I'm 68, if that helps to put it into perspective.

In no particular order; The Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac, The Beatles, The Guess Who, The Who, The Eagles.

Have a great weekend.

Glenn
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    If you can tell me who sings it without looking it up I will be so impressed! If you don't love country you have zero chance. All that said- Who do you listen to? Who are your favorites probably more importantly. I would say my favorites in no order are the Beatles, Kenny Chesney, Neil Diamond, Boston, Pink Floyd, The Police and Steve Miller among others are who I grew up loving. How about you?

Those were some of the greatest music
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Good morning everyone,

I'm caught in a time warp. I'm sure some really great music has been made after 1989 but I'm just not aware of any. I'm 68, if that helps to put it into perspective.

In no particular order; The Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac, The Beatles, The Guess Who, The Who, The Eagles.

Have a great weekend.

Glenn
    Best music.. able to hear the words and sing to it.. lol
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh fun! I love all sorts of music, but my favorites are Supertramp, Boston, the Eagles, Chicago and a Canadian group, Blue Rodeo.
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't remember back that far! LOL!
    For "rock bands", Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, Led Zeppelin (Stairway to Heaven) in those college years. Aerosmith for sure. I used to go see them play at the underground bars in Boston before they hit it big. But all time favorite without question is Bon Jovi. I've seen them in concert five times. It's funny, I was never crazy about The Beatles...I know, I'm weird.
    But classical music has always been my true passion (thanks to my Dad!).
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beatles, Stones, Led Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac, Gaga, Streisand, Broadway show tunes.

we have xm/sirius radio in the car and always have it tuned to 60s and 70s, when I can convince "his nibs" to turn off cnn on the car radio.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Loving all the responses. And by the sounds of it I am the only country fan, lol. The question in my posting is in reference to the "question" What are you listening to? Love him! Love most country, or at least newer country in the last decade or two. Its a name, not a group if that helps.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 02-21-2021 at 07:48 PM.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm confused, Jay. Are we trying to guess your current favorite country song? Or our current favorite song? But love hearing what kind of music and what artists people are/were into!

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Loving all the responses. And by the sounds of it I am the only country fan, lol. The question in my posting is in reference to the "question" What are you listening to? Love him! Love most country, or at least newer country in the last decade or two. Its a name, not a group if that helps.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Both, lol. The answer to the question is Chris Stapelton- he is the one who sings What are you listening to. I found it a good play on words after a few drinks, lol. And I also was interested in what everyone enjoys listening to. I think Tracey and I could chat about some old school Rap as well. I hate the new stuff, but the old school rap with stories...sure sign me up.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 02-21-2021 at 08:50 PM.

0 0