This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What are you listening to?

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to ask this of anyone who has been a Beatles fan, especially since 1964.

Anybody remember that whole manufactured rivalry between The Beatles and The Dave Clark Five? I think DC5 were on Ed Sullivan in the weeks following The Beatles back in '64.

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by bhoffdhoff View Post
    The Beatles, been a fan since "64.
    Elton John, been a fan since '70 and saw in concert twice.
    The Ventures,
    and Journey. Really like Arnel Pineda and his story. Saw the story on PBS.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked the DC5, but loved the Beatles.
    I saw the Beatles in 1966 (I was 11) at a venue in E. Boston.
    A relative was an administrator of the venue and I got to go with his wife, kids and a few of my older cousins.
    I do not remember much, just chaos, noise and having such a sore throat and laryngitis from screaming that my parents took me to the doctor for medical care..thinking I had strep. I was voiceless for over a week. My parents loved every minute of the silence.

QUOTE=Glenn;372601]I have to ask this of anyone who has been a Beatles fan, especially since 1964.

Anybody remember that whole manufactured rivalry between The Beatles and The Dave Clark Five? I think DC5 were on Ed Sullivan in the weeks following The Beatles back in '64.

Glenn[/QUOTE]

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I have to ask this of anyone who has been a Beatles fan, especially since 1964.

Glenn
    Yeah, I remember the whole DC5 and Beatles rivalry. At first I hated the DC5, but later softened my feelings for them. I never saw The Beatles in concert. I would have liked to. I did get a chance to see Elton John, but not until 1996. Probably one of the best concerts I ever saw.
    0 0