This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When life happens and plans change

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AUA1989 View Post
    Congrats on the new jobs!!! If you were unhappy in your previous positions it's definitely worth the loss of time off to move to a job you don't hate getting up for. I changed not just jobs, but an entire career a little over 2 years ago. SO glad I did it. However, even though I was given 2 weeks vacation, it's not enough. My husband still has 5 weeks and I sometimes feel bad I'm the one holding us back from traveling now that we can as the kids are on their own (well, almost; one more semester for our youngest).

Remember the saying "absence makes the heart grow fonder"? If an Aruba trip is delayed, imagine how exciting the next one will be.

(Isn't it refreshing not to dread heading to work? I am NOT a morning person and actually have an easier time getting up with this new position)
    It definitely made it easier for Jon to change knowing that both of us would be starting with much less vacation at the same time. The 5 weeks vs 2 would be difficult for us. I told him not to worry, I would give him plenty do to around the house so he could use those vacation days to work at home...LOL. He didn't like the idea as much as I did.

And yes, so refreshing not to dread going to work! And I'm even more motivated to get up early because I mainly miss the bad part of morning rush hour.
    Always planning our next trip
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    It definitely made it easier for Jon to change knowing that both of us would be starting with much less vacation at the same time. The 5 weeks vs 2 would be difficult for us. I told him not to worry, I would give him plenty do to around the house so he could use those vacation days to work at home...LOL. He didn't like the idea as much as I did.

And yes, so refreshing not to dread going to work! And I'm even more motivated to get up early because I mainly miss the bad part of morning rush hour.
    I am glad all is working out well for your new jobs. Change is hard sometimes but it does get easier when your whole outlook is brighter.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So glad for you both! My husband and I are in flux too. I am a registered nurse. We are down in our agency from 22 nurses to 6. I am 55 so it makes it hard to move. My husband is 58 and a transport driver and it is exhausting him. He has an interview tomorrow with the police to look after the fleet of vehicles and do maintenance. It would be so much less stressful. However, vacations might go on the back burner for now. We also have two of our 3 sons getting married in the not so distant future so have to concentrate on that. That being said Aruba will wait for us!
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Susan ..your plate is very full!!
    Quote Originally Posted by susan.b View Post
    So glad for you both! My husband and I are in flux too. I am a registered nurse. We are down in our agency from 22 nurses to 6. I am 55 so it makes it hard to move. My husband is 58 and a transport driver and it is exhausting him. He has an interview tomorrow with the police to look after the fleet of vehicles and do maintenance. It would be so much less stressful. However, vacations might go on the back burner for now. We also have two of our 3 sons getting married in the not so distant future so have to concentrate on that. That being said Aruba will wait for us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Tracey & Jon on your new jobs.
    Now to get you guys back to Aruba !!

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations! I'm glad that things worked out. I've worked at a job that I absolutely hated and I could never do it again, it takes so much out of you.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by susan.b View Post
    Wow Susan, that is certainly a lot going on. Wishing the best for.you.and your family!
    Always planning our next trip
    0 0