This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you in a state that is reopening?

Post Thanks / Like

Are you in a state that is reopening?

Kind of curious about this. In Massachusetts we will find out on Monday the 18th, whether or not they will start Phase 1 of the reopening. In my mind, it’s too soon for our area but we’ll see. Quincy announced they were reopening tennis courts and golf courses so I feel as though it may be happening. So if you are already in Phase 1, what is it like? Have you gone to a restaurant?

I did hear that when Wisconsin reopened their restaurants/bars people flocked to them, didn’t wear masks or social distance. As I understand it, the Supreme Court stepped in and it’s back to stay at home. So, what phase are you in?

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes.
    here in florida they are doing things county by county. (being a Massachusetts person this whole county government thing is confusing to me)

on march 18, our community SHUT down EVERYthing except for "almighty golf". 2 weeks ago they reopened pickle ball, tennis, shuffleboard, bocci and horseshoes. the pool is STILL shuttered.
    our board says that the community attorney says we cannot open the pool because we would be held liable if someone caught covid 19 as a result of being in the pool.
    I believe that the community being liable is BS.
    and...golf remains open........people touching the pin and gathering in 4someones. shuffleboard...people touching the puck things, bocci...sharing the balls, tennis and pickle ball.......touching the balls.
    so my opinion is don't punish the pool people but open everything else in the community.
    it is unfair.
    we are all adults, mostly seniors and we can monitor ourselves. we can be socially distant.

we here in Polk county are still in phase 1.
    our Publix is now back on regular hours, still sanitizing carts, still requesting but not requiring masks.
    our restaurants have reopened (some) and have limited seating capacity and have expanded outdoor seating areas.

this morning we stopped at a local restaurant with outdoor seating.....we stopped for coffee and a muffin.........we were the only ones on the outside. we had the dog with us, so we "had" to be outside, and it was fine, hot, but fine. the server wore a mask. we did too when we were speaking with her. no $ exchanged. we tapped our credit card and punched in the YES and tip with a q tip.

my massage therapist is now open again as is my chiropractor.

banks are allowing a few in at a time.........masks on, sunglasses off, temperature taken upon entry.

I got my nails done on Monday..plexi glass screen between and my nail guy. had to wait in the car til they texted me to come in.
    he wore a mask as did i.

I might go for my toes tomorrow.

Paul and I are being responsible, wearing masks, using hand sanitizer and doing lots of hand washing.
    our pup who is handled daily by our friends has had probably 20 baths since joining the family on April 2.
    (she is not a fan)

I refuse to let this covid crap define my existence.
    I will go about doing what I need and want to do keeping myself as safe as possible and keeping my physical distance.
    we have a group of friends that we kind of hang with every evening at 7:20.............our circle distance has decreased.....we still wear masks....we are careful and not reckless.
    no one other than my contractor has been in my house since March 17.
    the only other house I have been in is Jean's...my neighbor...and we are good.....she does not go out at all, I go out for her and we play a game or 2 of farcle a day.

baby steps peg and tom.
    it is doable and the precautions are many but common sense prevails!

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Kind of curious about this. In Massachusetts we will find out on Monday the 18th, whether or not they will start Phase 1 of the reopening. In my mind, it’s too soon for our area but we’ll see. Quincy announced they were reopening tennis courts and golf courses so I feel as though it may be happening. So if you are already in Phase 1, what is it like? Have you gone to a restaurant?

I did hear that when Wisconsin reopened their restaurants/bars people flocked to them, didn’t wear masks or social distance. As I understand it, the Supreme Court stepped in and it’s back to stay at home. So, what phase are you in?
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The county directly south of us is opening, but the Northern Virginia counties and the city of Richmond decided they want to wait two more weeks. The leaders are stating lack of PPE and numbers of cases still increasing, and I am not saying they are wrong, I don't really know.. Restaurants south of us can open tomorrow but there are 50% capacity restrictions. I'm not sure how crazy it will be with everyone driving to the other counties around us, it seems pretty pointless. Our Governor stated for weeks that he would not do phase 1 based on region, yet here we are. Our barber friends were told they could open by appointment only, with only one client in the shop at a time and as they started to make plans, then the next day they were told 2 more weeks. For the DC metro area it is really a lot of confusion. Maryland is opening all but 2 or 3 counties as Phase 1, and today DC extended their stay at home order, it's going to be a mess!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate the responses. Honestly, Tom is just so uncomfortable with the thought of going out right now. I don’t want to add to his stress. Even if we in Massachusetts do start to reopen I imagine we’ll be a little slow to join in. I would like to get out next week to buy some tomato plants so we can keep busy with a garden. Tom has a few appointment coming up in the next few weeks that I plan to reschedule. I just wondered how comfortable people felt with getting out and about.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Peg - I am not in any rush to get back out there, so I can only imagine how Tom feels. I don't see us going to a restaurant any time soon, but there are a few places that I want to support when they reopen. Jon has already said he plans to continue at home haircuts for the time being. The mall closest to us has plans to open in 2 weeks as long as Phase 1 is on track for our county - there is no way I will go there. I see us avoiding inside venues for most of the summer.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Here in N.J. they’re planning on opening beaches by next weekend. I think some may have opened already. Supposedly you can’t bring chairs or blankets and I think they want you to keep moving. They’re going to somehow limit the number of people. Nothing will be opened on the boardwalks except restaurants for takeout. I think it’s going to be a disaster on a holiday weekend. I don’t think any other restrictions are being lifted. We’re content to stay at home, just going out for groceries and the occasional takeout. It’s been 9 weeks since we got hair cuts ( I keep mine short like Andrea ) and we usually go every 5 weeks. Yesterday I noticed Jax, the golden doodle next door, had gotten his hair cut. Is it weird I was jealous. LOL
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Like you guys Peg we are in MA. I am not comfortable at all returning to anything close to normal. I went to purchase a new wheelbarrow today and left Lowes as it was PACKED! There was a line 50 odd deep with nobody social distancing. I drove through the parking lot and left, I did not even get out of my car. We took a walk today and only saw one other person with a mask....we saw well over a dozen people, the 3 of us wore masks which is a requirement in public in our town.Reopening is going to be a train wreck if something does not change here in MA.

I appreciate the responses. Honestly, Tom is just so uncomfortable with the thought of going out right now. I don’t want to add to his stress. Even if we in Massachusetts do start to reopen I imagine we’ll be a little slow to join in. I would like to get out next week to buy some tomato plants so we can keep busy with a garden. Tom has a few appointment coming up in the next few weeks that I plan to reschedule. I just wondered how comfortable people felt with getting out and about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Like you guys Peg we are in MA. I am not comfortable at all returning to anything close to normal. I went to purchase a new wheelbarrow today and left Lowes as it was PACKED! There was a line 50 odd deep with nobody social distancing. I drove through the parking lot and left, I did not even get out of my car. We took a walk today and only saw one other person with a mask....we saw well over a dozen people, the 3 of us wore masks which is a requirement in public in our town.Reopening is going to be a train wreck if something does not change here in MA.
    That’s what I was afraid about with Lowe’s. We would normally go there for our plants. May just have to skip it this year. As for masks, I am disgusted with the people in our area. Very few people wearing masks.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    That’s what I was afraid about with Lowe’s. We would normally go there for our plants. May just have to skip it this year. As for masks, I am disgusted with the people in our area. Very few people wearing masks.
    If you have a Home Depot, I would suggest going there over Lowes. We have both very close to us. Lowes was as described, completely packed and a madhouse with little social distancing. We needed a part for an emergency repair, so we went to Home Depot - they had a social distancing line outside, spaced out and were monitoring how many customers were in the store. They had signs asking for 1 person per household and inside was orderly in the check out area. It seems as though the Home Depot corporate policies are being enforced better where I live.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m in Southwest Florida and we’re pretty much the same as Andrea. Only difference is in my community they opened the pools last week, when they opened up the tennis, bocce, and pickle ball courts. They sent out a notice today regarding the pool and warning that if social distancing wasn’t observed better it would be closed. I was happy about the tennis courts as I’m an avid tennis player. I don’t think I’m ready to venture out to any restaurants yet, but they’re opening for 25% inside. I did go to my hair salon yesterday, it was 11 weeks for me and my hair is also short like Andrea. I usually go every 4 weeks, so I was way overdo!!! My nails and pedicure are scheduled for Saturday. I’m only venturing out for groceries, And wearing my mask is a must.
    0 0