This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your First Date

Post Thanks / Like

Your First Date

Interesting posts on Walt's Off Topic Trip, with regards to first dates, so I thought I'd start a new thread.

The wife and I have known each other for 50 years, but we didn't go on our first date until twelve years ago. We met at Panera Bread. I had a chicken soup and she had a chocolate chip cookie. Talk about opposites...Well, we've been like magnets ever since.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom and I have known each other since we were kids. At 14 all our friends hung out together. We even played spin the bottle at his house but I think I got stuck kissing his brother! Later when we were about 18 we dated for a few months but I ended up getting back with my old boyfriend who I later married. When the marriage ended, Tom came back into the picture. We have now been married 40 years. Guess I don’t remember when the actual first date was!!!

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Tom and I have known each other since we were kids. At 14 all our friends hung out together. We even played spin the bottle at his house but I think I got stuck kissing his brother! Later when we were about 18 we dated for a few months but I ended up getting back with my old boyfriend who I later married. When the marriage ended, Tom came back into the picture. We have now been married 40 years. Guess I don’t remember when the actual first date was!!!

Maybe you should ask Tom???
    Last edited by schexc; 06-24-2022 at 09:36 PM.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Lou and I met on a "blind date" went to very nice Italian Restaurant with his oldest son and his wife (she hated me then and still does.. lol) his first wife passed away, we met a couple of yrs later; and the DIL didn't want him to move on.
    Yet, I took care of his former mother in law, aunt and father in law too .. Raised all his 3 girls, and raised 3 grand kids. yet, I was the "evil" 2nd wife. lol
    Been together 30 yrs married celebrating our 28th anniversary July 30th I was happily divorce with one brilliant son . Oh did I mentioned he had 7 kids. lol
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    Let's ask Tom???

We discussed it and decided it was either when we met at the roller skating rink at age 14, or when we went out for burgers when we were 18.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Stu and I first met when we were in 6th grade(different schools)-12 years old in a religious youth group and were "boyfriend/girlfriend"- for a short time. We went to JR. and SR. high school together and graduated together-always good friends. We were in some of the same classes and after school activities. He came to Rutgers from NYU to visit during our freshman year of college and would almost always stop at our home when we were both home. After college, and getting a job, I got married for a short time-(it's a long story). While we starting the divorce paperwork, Stu came into town and stopped in. We both were lamenting over our issues. Our first "date" was at an Italian restaurant in town in April. One thing led to another and I got pregnant. We were married in December. Our families and friends always figured we'd end up married to each other-I guess it took us a while to figure it out. We will be married 32 years this coming December, but have known each other for 48+ years.

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Stu and I first met when we were in 6th grade(different schools)-12 years old in a religious youth group and were "boyfriend/girlfriend"- for a short time. We went to JR. and SR. high school together and graduated together-always good friends. We were in some of the same classes and after school activities. He came to Rutgers from NYU to visit during our freshman year of college and would almost always stop at our home when we were both home. After college, and getting a job, I got married for a short time-(it's a long story). While we starting the divorce paperwork, Stu came into town and stopped in. We both were lamenting over our issues. Our first "date" was at an Italian restaurant in town in April. One thing led to another and I got pregnant. We were married in December. Our families and friends always figured we'd end up married to each other-I guess it took us a while to figure it out. We will be married 32 years this coming December, but have known each other for 48+ years.
    "One thing led to another"...now we know what the other thing was

0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't. please explain

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    "One thing led to another"...now we know what the other thing was
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I met Paul as I had to be the lifeguard for the boyscout troop of which he was the scoutmaster.
    They were gifted 2 hours of pool and gym time at Watertown Boys and Girls Club in 1975.
    None of the other lifeguards would take the shift and since I was the boss, I got stuck with it.
    (Sunday day off)
    They were a wild bunch and the scoutmaster was as poorly behaved as the kids in his charge.
    God, I hated him and those kids. Their past behavior was why the other guards refused.

A few years passed and our paths crossed again. My ski club friends were also his friends.
    We started dating in 1980 and married in 1984.
    Our first date was a Star Wars movie and then to Brighams for ice cream in Chestnut Hill.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike and I met in college while cutting a very boring design class we were both in. Our first date was to see The Godfather at the old RKO movie theater on the Grand Concourse in the Bronx. We’ve been together for 50 years; happily married for 46 this November!
    When we married in 1976 we were making $125 a week between the two of us. We lived in a drafty apartment in a two family house paying $240 a month rent!
    0 3