This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Airline flight info

Post Thanks / Like
    American Airlines is starting direct flights from NY to Aruba via the partially renovated La Guardia Airport. I used to fly American Airlines from JFK to Aruba years ago and then they stopped direct flights and you had to fly to Miami, lay over for hours and then Aruba so I stopped using them. I like to have options which are Delta, Jet Blue and now American.

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Just received this notice from Delta:

Beginning July 2, domestic First Class and Delta Comfort+ customers will begin to see complimentary beer and wine on all flights greater than 500 miles as Delta begins reintroducing adult beverage offerings after recent service adjustments made in March.

Delta teams listened to feedback from customers and consulted with health professionals before bringing single-serve red and white wine, as well as Heineken, Miller Lite, SweetWater 420 and SweetWater IPA * back on-board.

“In keeping with the Delta CareStandard, our goal is to serve all of our food and beverage offerings in the safest way possible – both for our customers and employees,” said Allison Ausband, Delta’s Senior Vice President of In-Flight Service. “We take pride in always listening to our customers, and we know beer and wine are the adult beverages our customers want most. These selections are the first step towards a normalized beverage offering while we continue to keep customer and crew safety at the center of everything we do.”

Flight attendants will pass the cans and single-serve bottles – which are complimentary in both First Class and Delta Comfort+ – using serving trays to minimize touch points on-board. Since beer and wine selections have fewer touch points than other adult beverage options and are individually contained, they are the first to be reintroduced on-board as Delta brings back food and beverage options.

Delta’s on-board food and beverages continue to evolve based on customer feedback and guidance from health professionals. Complimentary beer, wine and cocktails remain available to all cabins on long-haul international routes, including top-shelf liquor and sommelier-selected wines for customers seated in Delta One. On-board service adjustments like individual snack bags on domestic flights and other U.S. domestic offerings remain in place.
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- San Juan Islands: Sept. 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2020

0 0

EAGLE & PALM BEACH ORANJESTAD PADDOCK - MADAME JEANETTE SOLE MARE KUKKO KUNUKOO
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hysterical, JetBlue Vacations called me at 9:00 last night to inform me they were able to cancel my Holiday Inn reservations (7-1 / 7-7)and not have to pay a fee, they were also gracious enough to wave my no-show fee for not being on my flight to Boston this morning...no connecting flight to AUA, but they were still offering to take us to Boston. Bottom line was they were pressuring me to book another trip since they were able to wave all these fees, I kid you not !!! Not the best way to handle a loyal customer who visits AUA 2 to 3 times a year.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    That is so disappointing to hear. We have flown JetBlue exclusively for the last 10 years and have always been happy with our transactions. More and more we are hearing negatives though. Sign of the times I guess.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Sad, but not surprising. Our pharmacist was taking her family on an Alaskan cruise this summer. She got her money back from the cruise line, but Southwest refuses to refund the tickets saying they could still go to Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by TEAMARUBA View Post
    Hysterical, JetBlue Vacations called me at 9:00 last night to inform me they were able to cancel my Holiday Inn reservations (7-1 / 7-7)and not have to pay a fee, they were also gracious enough to wave my no-show fee for not being on my flight to Boston this morning...no connecting flight to AUA, but they were still offering to take us to Boston. Bottom line was they were pressuring me to book another trip since they were able to wave all these fees, I kid you not !!! Not the best way to handle a loyal customer who visits AUA 2 to 3 times a year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Sad, but not surprising. Our pharmacist was taking her family on an Alaskan cruise this summer. She got her money back from the cruise line, but Southwest refuses to refund the tickets saying they could still go to Seattle.
    How awful and who wants to fly to Seattle during these turbulent times with the protest. It's a beautiful city I enjoyed my stay there for 2 nights when i went on a cruise to Alaska But there is a lot going on these days other than Corona Virus to think about.

0 0