This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aruba Airport issues and Global Entry chatter

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lisa, I did my interview at Newark. You don't need to go to JFK.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Not going to add GE to my plate for this trip, but I'm definitely going to do it sometime in the Fall for next year. My personal hesitancy has been that I need to go down to JFK for the interview. Will wait a couple of months for that when hopefully my life will have calmed down a bit (wishful thinking! LOL!).

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    If we get our passports back in time for our late October trip it will be too late for global entry but we will probably look into it afterwards. We are flying home on a Wednesday so I will cross my fingers it won’t be too bad. Unfortunately since the pandemic everywhere is understaffed and I have learned a new lesson- patience is a virtue and one I am working on. I work with the public and they are back to being nasty to us workers- ummm I am at least here at work helping you so be kind. We hire people but they don’t show up,jump ship for a better deal,call in sick( I might have COVID-19- so we can’t do a thing). I am hoping that this fallout from the pandemic will get better
    Jayna-Beach Bum at ❤️
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I can also go up to Bradley International which would frankly be more attractive to me. Even though I'm only 30 miles from JFK in CT, with traffic and everything else, it would probably be faster! Food for Autumn thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    Lisa, I did my interview at Newark. You don't need to go to JFK.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, Andrea! I think I inadvertently high jacked this thread a bit!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I can also go up to Bradley International which would frankly be more attractive to me. Even though I'm only 30 miles from JFK in CT, with traffic and everything else, it would probably be faster! Food for Autumn thought...
    Everyone, Yes, its a hassle to go for the interview to an airport (or some other locations offer them as well) but its just a ONE time interview in person. When you renew it after 5 years, there is no need to go back for an interview. The biggest "hassle" of Global Entry once you have it is that they don't notify you of expiration...you have to keep track of that yourself to renew.

Jayshea, if you are running into a bind in getting your passport renewal back (I know they have been taking months) don't hesitate to notify your local congressperson for your district. With our recent trip to Aruba (just got back yesterday), my Son in Law had to renew his passport and sent it in in April, figuring he had plenty of time. When my daughter started to panic in early June that he might not get his back in time, after hearing the stories of the long delays, she contacted the office of Congressman Josh Gottenheimer here in NJ. He got his passport back within 10 days!
    Brian

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I can second that, Brian! I've told at least five people over the last couple of years to contact their Congressman when they've started to panic, and their passports have arrived in very short order once they did that!

Quote Originally Posted by Pop-pop Brian View Post
    Jayshea, if you are running into a bind in getting your passport renewal back (I know they have been taking months) don't hesitate to notify your local congressperson for your district. With our recent trip to Aruba (just got back yesterday), my Son in Law had to renew his passport and sent it in in April, figuring he had plenty of time. When my daughter started to panic in early June that he might not get his back in time, after hearing the stories of the long delays, she contacted the office of Congressman Josh Gottenheimer here in NJ. He got his passport back within 10 days!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We have arrived at the airport early mornings and had to wait outside ground level near duty free to open doors up, perhaps they could open the doors a little sooner to avoid long lines forming. I hope they realize they need to hire more staff soon it is a gift to be able to go thru U.S. Customs while in Aruba.

We got our GE interviews at BDL 2 years ago, no appt. took a chance and walked in. The agent was so nice and sweet, interview went easy and when he realized hubby was retired Firefighter it really took a lot of anxiety away as he was extra nice to us I haven't used it yet hopefully this year.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    For all of the trips we have made to the island, US Customs has been the speed bump. They never have enough staff in attendance, maybe 2-4 officers at best. We no longer travel to and from on the weekends, so it has been less of an issue. Our nearest point for GE interview is 2 1/2 hours away. We have considered interviewing in Aruba and perhaps we'll look into that more.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why did I think you lived in NJ? Lol oops.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Lisa, you don’t have to worry for this trip. The wait for global entry due to COVID is a minimum of 6 months right now! Everything is taking longer.
    0 0