This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aruba Airport issues and Global Entry chatter

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Not going to add GE to my plate for this trip, but I'm definitely going to do it sometime in the Fall for next year. My personal hesitancy has been that I need to go down to JFK for the interview. Will wait a couple of months for that when hopefully my life will have calmed down a bit (wishful thinking! LOL!).
    Next time before you go apply for GE and do your interview at the airport in Aruba on arrival.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    This was our first time flying back to Canada through the US. We were surprisingly gobsmacked - not by the pandemic hassles but by the duplicate functions between Aruba and the US! The duplicates of baggage claim, the security check then US Customs - We thought we'd stepped into some nightmare Groundhog Day.

So either Aruba should ditch their end or the US should agree that the Aruba side is sufficient.

Ugh. By the end, we looked like extras from "The Walking Dead". And we even went through relatively quickly! 1.5 hours!
    I agree, but there goes my bar idea...

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pop-pop Brian View Post
    Everyone, Yes, its a hassle to go for the interview to an airport (or some other locations offer them as well) but its just a ONE time interview in person. When you renew it after 5 years, there is no need to go back for an interview. The biggest "hassle" of Global Entry once you have it is that they don't notify you of expiration...you have to keep track of that yourself to renew.

Jayshea, if you are running into a bind in getting your passport renewal back (I know they have been taking months) don't hesitate to notify your local congressperson for your district. With our recent trip to Aruba (just got back yesterday), my Son in Law had to renew his passport and sent it in in April, figuring he had plenty of time. When my daughter started to panic in early June that he might not get his back in time, after hearing the stories of the long delays, she contacted the office of Congressman Josh Gottenheimer here in NJ. He got his passport back within 10 days!
    Not necessarily true. I reapplied way before my GE expired, it's still in date, but I have to in person interview again. I'll just walk in the next time I fly through a bigger airport and take my chances.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Next time before you go apply for GE and do your interview at the airport in Aruba on arrival.
    What is the process for this. Do you have to make an appointment. Can you have the interview anytime that you're on the island?

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, you make an appointment to interview on arrival. I think they also do it on departure, but I'm not sure.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...s/global-entry

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    they definitely do the GE interview on departure from Queen Beatrix Airport.
    folks are reporting that the process adds about 30 minutes to their departure process.

I am not sure that I would chance it if I were wanting to do it upon departure on a weekend.

Going to change the title of this thread, to add GE in to the mix.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?
    Karma...It is pronounced "HaHaHaHa"
    SIDTM

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the best deal is to fly during the week. I always do that but my Daughter wanted to do a dive trip to Roatan, before she starts Her last year of Nursing School. So Friday, July 16th, I left Aruba and had to go to Miami. I came into the airport, and the AA line was out the door. I marched to Priority and was the next person up. I breezed thru Aruba Customs and then the fun began. The hall was clear full. The room where you get your luggage was clear full. The customs room was clear full. The Global entry line had nobody. 15 in for Aruba customs and 2 hours for US. So GE is on my to do list!!! I probably come and go from Aruba like 6 trips a year. So I either get GE or fly on the week days. I flew back yesterday and it was really busy getting your bags, and the line was really long down the hall but since I am a Resident, I had 3 people ahead of me. So GE would just make everything better.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I used GE for the first time last trip. Thank God I got it because the custom lines were long and I just breezed on bye.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of comments about GE, but there are others flying to Netherlands, Canada, Colombia etc., so GE doesnt apply or help them. It would help I think if Aruba could work with the airlines to develop a staggered arrival/departure schedule. This of course would require the cooperation of the airlines. Just yesterday, Aruba Tourisms announced that Delta is increasing flights here from Boston and other airlines are now looking to fly here. With the airport at breaking point on weekends and at certain times of day, I truly believe staggering flight would help

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    A lot of comments about GE, but there are others flying to Netherlands, Canada, Colombia etc., so GE doesnt apply or help them. It would help I think if Aruba could work with the airlines to develop a staggered arrival/departure schedule. This of course would require the cooperation of the airlines. Just yesterday, Aruba Tourisms announced that Delta is increasing flights here from Boston and other airlines are now looking to fly here. With the airport at breaking point on weekends and at certain times of day, I truly believe staggering flight would help
    Okay, does the "International" departure terminal have the same chaos as the "American" departure terminal? Haven't heard any Europeans complaining about long waits leaving the island.

0 0