This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Aruba Airport issues and Global Entry chatter

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Okay, does the "International" departure terminal have the same chaos as the "American" departure terminal? Haven't heard any Europeans complaining about long waits leaving the island.
    Not to the same degree, but at times going through security there are backups.

Post Thanks / Like
    We departed last Wednesday. Jet Blue lines were efficient and moved steadily. Immigration outdoors and indoors as well. Screening was easy both times. Customs was backed-up but I asked where Global Entry was and was shown to the kiosk. Thirty seconds to get our pictures and a ten second wait to see the agent. Ten seconds and done. Spent way more time in the Crying Room than in the departure lines. That said, the plane was held for 40 people who were stuck in US Customs.
    "Vacation is what you make of it, take from it and what you leave behind."
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dogwriter View Post
    We departed last Wednesday. Jet Blue lines were efficient and moved steadily. Immigration outdoors and indoors as well. Screening was easy both times. Customs was backed-up but I asked where Global Entry was and was shown to the kiosk. Thirty seconds to get our pictures and a ten second wait to see the agent. Ten seconds and done. Spent way more time in the Crying Room than in the departure lines. That said, the plane was held for 40 people who were stuck in US Customs.
    You can't win! Aruba and the airlines and US Customs need to do something about this situation before Airport 2030 is built there. From our trip last week, I saw NO SIGNS of any construction or renovation going on at the airport!

BTW, why does everyone call it the crying room? Because we sit in the boarding area and we're sad to go home as we watch the folks getting off the plane STARTING their Aruba vacations? Or were you there with my grandson around who was crying his head off when we wouldn't let him run through the terminal for 2 hours waiting for our flight?? LOL.
    Brian

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    A lot of comments about GE, but there are others flying to Netherlands, Canada, Colombia etc., so GE doesnt apply or help them
    Actually… Canadians can use NEXUS at AUA:

https://nexuscardapplication.com/whe...my-nexus-card/
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Okay, does the "International" departure terminal have the same chaos as the "American" departure terminal? Haven't heard any Europeans complaining about long waits leaving the island.
    Only when the two terminals merge for security on the Aruba side.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Actually… Canadians can use NEXUS at AUA:

https://nexuscardapplication.com/whe...my-nexus-card/

Even if flying direct to Canada?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Even if flying direct to Canada?
    No. But, given we can’t fly direct right now, it’s useful.
    0 0