This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aruba's airport.........announces 4 hour departure notification

Post Thanks / Like
    I just heard from friends who are currently in Aruba some information they obtained from talking to the people at the Costa Linda pool. Yesterday (I believe) the son (a NY police officer) left Aruba and there was a little bit of a riot at the airport and 30 people were arrested. This was all due to the horrible backup on the lines. Frustrations set in and everyone was just crazy. Thank God the son is trained for these situations. He stayed uninvolved and was not one of the people arrested. It seems to be a bit out of hand all this queing and waiting. Hopefully this changes before I go to Aruba in October (although we do have global entry).
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh View Post
    I just heard from friends who are currently in Aruba some information they obtained from talking to the people at the Costa Linda pool. Yesterday (I believe) the son (a NY police officer) left Aruba and there was a little bit of a riot at the airport and 30 people were arrested. This was all due to the horrible backup on the lines. Frustrations set in and everyone was just crazy. Thank God the son is trained for these situations. He stayed uninvolved and was not one of the people arrested. It seems to be a bit out of hand all this queing and waiting. Hopefully this changes before I go to Aruba in October (although we do have global entry).
    I wonder how those thirty people will get home given they'll be put on the no-fly list for rioting at the airport...?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    I wonder how those thirty people will get home given they'll be put on the no-fly list for rioting at the airport...?
    Hope they picked their papasan floats!

Before the pandemic I remember reading that an airport expansion would eliminate the pick up and rechecking of bags. I am guessing the economic impact of the pandemic will delay any major projects though
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 0

EAGLE & PALM BEACH ORANJESTAD PADDOCK - MADAME JEANETTE SOLE MARE KUKKO KUNUKOO
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heard the same thing...NY cop relayed the info to a good friend of ours that works together. We left there 2 weeks ago and it was a terrible scene. 4 hour minimum for a 3:30 JetBlue flight back to JFK on a Monday, they held the plane for an hour for the rest of the people to check-in. Line outside to get in to first terminal area was over an hour..again, to get in to the terminal, something has to change.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Our friends left Aruba today (Friday) on Jet Blue. Start to gate was two hours. They were definitely very lucky. They do not have Global Entry either.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    We liked it when they had the slot parlors at the airport. Even won some.
    So did we Peg !!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We left last Saturday and from airport arrival to gate was about 50 minutes. Now I should say that we purposely arrived very early (8:45) to avoid the crowd. So we hung out at the gate (alright . . . One Happy Bar when it opened ) instead of waiting on all of the lines. Unfortunately, it's just a really terrible airport. Hopefully it will be better after expansion although that's presumably years off.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW 4 hours!

When i was there in May, they held the plane for 45 minutes on account of the long lines in customs. I breezed thru with my Global Entry Access and it was early around noon and the line had started to get large so I can imagine what it was like 2 hours then. The best $100 dollars I ever spent and with wheel chair service I jump all the lines. LMAO...
    0 1