This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Cancelled Jet Blue Flight To Aruba

  1. #1
    Senior Member ArubaAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Posts
    2,111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cancelled Jet Blue Flight To Aruba

    I just cancelled my Sep 20th Flight to Aruba. It was a hard decision but I saw my doctor today for a physical and he strongly suggested I stay put at this time. I was given a flu vaccine and then I asked if they can also give me the Corona Virus Vaccine so that I can go on my trip. :>)

    Anyway since I purchased my trip with Jet Blue points, no cancellation fees, they reimbursed the points, the $82 in taxes I paid was put into a travel bank and they are reimbursing my credit card $212 for the extra items I paid luggage fee and extra leg room.

    Tomorrow I will try a third attempt with Interval International to see what they can do for me for the time share week I'm not using. I know it's my lost but at the very least they can reimburse me the exchange fee $209 and I just lose the week I had banked or give it away with someone paying for the guest certificate. I will try that or see if they can give me a travel certificate that is usually good for a year.
    0 0
     

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry
    Loving Aruba from NJ
    0 0
     

  3. #3
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    37,467
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry.
    I know you have been struggling with the decision.
    As for the covid vaccine. I plan on being at the end of that vaccine line.
    I dont like that they have rushed development and I am uncomfortable that is is now political.

    Again I am sorry you will miss the September trip.
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0
     

  4. #4
    Senior Member hatteras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,475
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ace, I'm really sorry that you can't go but I think that you made the best decision. You could probably go and be ok, but if you possibly brought the virus home to Miss Daisy, she might not survive. My mom and Miss Daisy are about the same age. She caught the virus in March. After several horrible weeks in the hospital, her doctors sent her home to die. She went back to her assisted living with hospice care and gradually got better. She beat the virus but it really took a toll on her. She still has numerous side effects that are probably permanent. We are supposed to be going to Aruba in February, but I doubt that we will go until we can get the vaccine and give it time to work. Unlike Andrea, I'll be first in line. My family has lived with this virus for five months now, and I'm more than willing to try whatever they offer to get on with our lives.


    0 1
     

  5. #5
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    37,467
    Post Thanks / Like
    your mother must be very STRONG!!
    such a shame this dreaded virus has impacted her so badly.
    my mother's 3 surviving siblings all died as a result of the virus, during the month of April into early May.

    the virus is so deadly.
    God bless your mom.

    Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    Ace, I'm really sorry that you can't go but I think that you made the best decision. You could probably go and be ok, but if you possibly brought the virus home to Miss Daisy, she might not survive. My mom and Miss Daisy are about the same age. She caught the virus in March. After several horrible weeks in the hospital, her doctors sent her home to die. She went back to her assisted living with hospice care and gradually got better. She beat the virus but it really took a toll on her. She still has numerous side effects that are probably permanent. We are supposed to be going to Aruba in February, but I doubt that we will go until we can get the vaccine and give it time to work. Unlike Andrea, I'll be first in line. My family has lived with this virus for five months now, and I'm more than willing to try whatever they offer to get on with our lives.
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    1 0
     

  6. #6
    Senior Member ArubaAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Posts
    2,111
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I think I made the right decision. I'm a diabetic so that was one of my doctor's concern and as Hatters pointed out not only do I have to worry about infecting Ms Daisy but also her 2 home attendants.

    I do have a confirmation for a timeshare week for December so I am hopeful I can go then. It's at the Aruba Phoenix. Jet Blue has mint in December and right now the flight on MINT is super expensive but they have the single mint seat. We shall see. Not in a rush to book a flight until I am more sure about the trip.
    0 0
     

  7. #7
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    6,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry you had to cancel Ace. Health must come first. We’ll all get back to our favorite island. Planning is part of the fun.

    0 0
     

  8. #8
    Senior Member ArubaAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Posts
    2,111
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some good news. I just got off the phone with Interval International about my exchange week to La Cabana for Sep20th.

    A few weeks ago a nice man gave me the option of purchasing EPLUS for $59.00 which allows you to cancel and exchange your week up to 3 times or a certificate to use the week 1 year from now and I would pay the regular exchange fee of $209 whenever I traded. The second time I called to take up one of these options I got the run around that I was not eligible for either of these options and that i was told wrong. I was then transferred to customer service and they told me the same that i did not have any options other then to purchase a guest certificate for $35 and send someone in my place. Someone on this forum mentioned that third time is a charm. So today i called and although they did not offer the EPLUS which is only available within a few weeks of your trade confirmation
    they did offer me a replacement certificate and I have 1 year to use to trade to a resort with the normal $209 exchange fee.

    Better than losing the week completely!
    0 5
     

  9. #9
    Senior Member LisaGrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    996
    Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry you had to cancel, Ace, but probably the wisest decision for you given your health concerns and protecting our precious Miss Daisy and her caregivers. I would be less than a week away from my own trip had I not made the same difficult decision so I'm feeling it, my friend.

    Hatteras, that is incredible news about your mother. God bless her. She is one strong lady!! And I'll be second in line for the vaccine unless I cut in front of you! :-)

    Just think about the amazing trips we're going to have to Aruba in the future! They will be even more special given what the whole world has and is going through.
    1 0
     

  10. #10
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    5,503
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry man...... but you did the right thing for you and for Ms. Daisy......! There will be other opportunities.
    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •