This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Cold and Flu Season on an airplane

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Cold and Flu Season on an airplane

Well it is always sickness season on an airplane.

On our most recent trip home from Aruba our plane was crowded with nose blowers, coughs, sneezers etc..

One certainly does not want to get sick..........especially in Aruba and especially on a vacation that we all deserve.

Check out this link for some hints.

https://www.allianztravelinsurance.c...void-germs.htm
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday the plane sounded like a doctor's waiting room. I thought I should have worn a hazmat suit.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hear you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Yesterday the plane sounded like a doctor's waiting room. I thought I should have worn a hazmat suit.
    0 0

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    With more people travelling between places in North America, South America and Europe, and Aruba it is little wonder that aircraft are filled with cold and flu sufferers. The coffee shops, bars and shops in the airport are full of people with a cold and the flu; if they don't have it themselves, they're carrying it.

Aruba can also spawn an "air-conditioning" cold. People from colder climates often take a few days (especially in the winter) to acclimate to the warmer temperatures in Aruba so they crank up the a/c. Going back and forth between the 90F outside and 70F inside can result in cold symptoms.

We'll leave the people who refuse to get the flu shot out of the conversation for now. I'm trying to be polite here.

Glenn
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm bringing face masks to wear on the plane. Better safe than sorry.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not get the flu shot as it gives me migraine headaches and stiff neck.
    I take my chances.
    The current flu shot of this season is about as effective as last year's.......does not seem to be preventing the virus that is causing the most prevalent flu that is in Florida this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    With more people travelling between places in North America, South America and Europe, and Aruba it is little wonder that aircraft are filled with cold and flu sufferers. The coffee shops, bars and shops in the airport are full of people with a cold and the flu; if they don't have it themselves, they're carrying it.

Aruba can also spawn an "air-conditioning" cold. People from colder climates often take a few days (especially in the winter) to acclimate to the warmer temperatures in Aruba so they crank up the a/c. Going back and forth between the 90F outside and 70F inside can result in cold symptoms.

We'll leave the people who refuse to get the flu shot out of the conversation for now. I'm trying to be polite here.

Glenn
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Well it is always sickness season on an airplane.

On our most recent trip home from Aruba our plane was crowded with nose blowers, coughs, sneezers etc..

One certainly does not want to get sick..........especially in Aruba and especially on a vacation that we all deserve.

Check out this link for some hints.

https://www.allianztravelinsurance.c...void-germs.htm
    We do almost everything mentioned in that article.
    However, I’m surprised that they don’t mention to avoid row seats.

You’ll have a parade of people brushing and coughing by on the way in and going to and from the washrooms.
    They are also proven to have the highest bacteria counts as just about everyone touches the top of the seats as they walk by.

One more thing: Before you decide to take something from the seat back pocket, just remember where people stuff their dirty diapers and used tissues before they get picked up by the trash patrol. And, there is no way that those seat pockets get cleaned between flights.
    0 0