This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta Airlines - New Boarding Process

Post Thanks / Like

Delta Airlines - New Boarding Process

~Amy~® -- 37th trip to Aruba: New Year's Eve 2018/2019 -- Napa: March 2019 -- 38th trip to Aruba: April/May 2019 -- Boston: July 2019 -- Paris: Sept/Oct 2019

1 1

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    United has it by groups. Remember with the exception of 1st class, they use to board from the back of the plane to the front and it use to be so fast. Now its all over the place. First its people who need assistance and those traveling with small children, then its priority nonsense, then 1st class finally gets to board. by that time, half the plane is boarded. I hate United. I wish we had Delta by us but we only have United flying non-stop. We are screwed

Post Thanks / Like
    We don’t really care how they board, as long as we land safely.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the link Amy So excited to fly Delta again this year and going forward, really missed them this year. I really loved my Delta experience 2 years ago, already booked my to BLD - AUA flight and will be booking my return flight any day now. Using miles for flying so excited about that as well.

0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    people needing special assistance and people traveling with small children imo are the ones that need "priority" imo.

i read the article....does delta still allow those needing special assistance priority boarding?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Thanks for the link Amy So excited to fly Delta again this year and going forward, really missed them this year. I really loved my Delta experience 2 years ago, already booked my to BLD - AUA flight and will be booking my return flight any day now. Using miles for flying so excited about that as well.
    . I am still waiting to book our August flight. The airfare had been high for many months. I sure hope when we get the government shutdown over it may go down. I booked my airfare last year in a December for the August trip. Hope you and hubby are doing well. When is your next trip?
    0 2

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    people needing special assistance and people traveling with small children imo are the ones that need "priority" imo.

i read the article....does delta still allow those needing special assistance priority boarding?
    You know I use to think that. but when we came back from Aruba this last time, there had to be about 10 wheelchairs with people. But what I found funny is half of them had gotten out of the wheelchairs, went to the bathroom, got something to eat and came back just to get priority boarding. its beginning to be like people with comfort animals. I'm standing there saying are you kidding me? Now maybe when they land at Newark Airport and its far from the gate to the baggage, that I can see. but if you can walk around on your own, then you shouldn't need to be wheeled up to the gate to get priority boarding.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand it is frustrating.

My husband was in a wheelchair a few years ago (he had a bad foot and was in a boot) and had to be one of those wheelchair people. (in Nova Scotia)
    He did have to use the bathroom and did get out of the wheelchair and walked about 300 feet or so to the nearest restroom. I offered to push him closer, but he was itching to move around.
    Boy, he received the "stink eye" from folks who were ticked that he got up and moved around on his own............and then allowed to get onboard 1st.
    In his defense, he could not make it from the curb to the gate with his foot being a mess.
    I do think, but I am not quite sure, that he was instructed to stay in the wheelchair and not move to the seats in the gate area.
    He was never instructed not to use the bathroom.

I think often times of when people park in handicap spots........and some folks think "wow they do not look handicapped...why are they parking there and why do they have a handicap placard ?" I think of my friend who is on the waiting list for a donor heart. He can walk about 200 feet before he needs to sit for quite a while to rest.

So, although those wheelchair folks may not look like they need special assistance, I am pretty certain that there are some that abuse it, but they are the minority.

Also too, airline employees are NOT allowed to ask "what is your problem?" Anyone can approach the gate agent and say "I need special assistance" and be brought right tot he front of the line.

I really hate the fact that those rule breakers make it tough for the non rule breakers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

Yes. That hasn't changed.
    ~Amy~® -- 37th trip to Aruba: New Year's Eve 2018/2019 -- Napa: March 2019 -- 38th trip to Aruba: April/May 2019 -- Boston: July 2019 -- Paris: Sept/Oct 2019

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue M. View Post
    . I am still waiting to book our August flight. The airfare had been high for many months. I sure hope when we get the government shutdown over it may go down. I booked my airfare last year in a December for the August trip. Hope you and hubby are doing well. When is your next trip?
    Thanks Sue, so far so good, hubby has his next routine scans/tests results in a couple of weeks, hopefully all will remain good. Our next trip is Thanksgiving Day. I like to book early so I can choose good seats, choosing Delta Comfort and just so many of those for the flight we are traveling. I'm just shy a few miles but just paid off my trip yesterday so should have my miles by next week to settle everything.

0 1