This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delta Airlines - New Boarding Process

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't care when I board. I lot of people want to board early so they can get their bags into the overhead. I am not one of those people who need a bag in the overhead and one under the seat. Yes, we have brought two carryons, but one is almost always gate checked. The one I have it goes under the seat. Hubby has bad shoulders and should not be lifting bags into the overhead and I can't reach. What I hate is the people who are in the later boarding who stand right by the line so you don't know if they are in line or waiting to be called then get in a huff if you ask them if they are in line.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Thanks Sue, so far so good, hubby has his next routine scans/tests results in a couple of weeks, hopefully all will remain good. Our next trip is Thanksgiving Day. I like to book early so I can choose good seats, choosing Delta Comfort and just so many of those for the flight we are traveling. I'm just shy a few miles but just paid off my trip yesterday so should have my miles by next week to settle everything.
    Good to hear from you. We never have airline miles to use I am still holding out for a descent price. Hope scans will be good.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The issue with boarding from the back is that many of those people will put their carry on bags at the front which will leave no room for the people who sit up front. I generally sit at the front as I usually have a connection to catch and always have carry on bags. I watch so many (rude) people place their bags at the front of the plane and then the people who are sitting in that section have nowhere to place their carry on. Their bags need to go further back in the plane and then it is a disaster trying to get their bags to deplane.
    With respect to wheelchair people, my father uses a wheelchair in the airport as he can't walk the far distance necessary. He can easily get up to walk to the washroom or a short distance but could not do the long walks of an airport. One should be careful who they judge when seeing a person in a wheelchair.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    When we went to Thailand, we were on a huge plane. They boarded from both the back of the plane and the front of the plane at same time. I think there were two separate jet ways or one split-I can't remember. It was very quick for boarding and for emptying the plane upon landing.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    You know I use to think that. but when we came back from Aruba this last time, there had to be about 10 wheelchairs with people. But what I found funny is half of them had gotten out of the wheelchairs, went to the bathroom, got something to eat and came back just to get priority boarding. its beginning to be like people with comfort animals. I'm standing there saying are you kidding me? Now maybe when they land at Newark Airport and its far from the gate to the baggage, that I can see. but if you can walk around on your own, then you shouldn't need to be wheeled up to the gate to get priority boarding.

I am one of those wheelchair people (for the last year or two). Yes, I can walk a short distance, but I could never walk the length of one of those airport terminals. I have developed some severe back problems in the last year or two. I don't use a wheel chair to get priority seating (I get that because I fly first class), I use the wheel chair to get me to the gate.
    0 1