This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DElta or American?

Post Thanks / Like

DElta or American?

Hi again! Well our trip is schedule in July and I have been watching airfare daily it seems. It has not dropped a bit so we decided to just bite the bullet and book. We leave out of Bradley and have the choice of Delta or American, with American being slightly less expensive and arriving a bit earlier. I know Delta has one connecting flight leaving out of Atlanta, My dilemna is if American generally makes changes to flight times. ANyoen have any experience with this, or preferences? This is my granddaughter's surprise graduation trip and we want to try to keep as many glitches out as possible.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Nancy
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We've flown both, and just prefer American due to the earlier arrival time and being able to avoid Atlanta. The only time American changed times on us was on our return connection through Charlotte. What a great surprise!

Post Thanks / Like
    We have flown both and have had both airlines change flight times. We prefer Charlotte over Atlanta but we usually just pick the lower airfare when making the final decision, unless they're relatively close. American changed our flight time on the way down this time and we arrived over two hours earlier.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    we have flown AA from MCO-MIA-AUA and MIA to AUA
    our flights have changed a couple of times, we were notified and the changes were nothing much to speak of.

Post Thanks / Like
    We fly from Hartford. American connection is in Philadelphia, and changes terminals. 1 Hour 6 minutes. The other choice there is an hour minutes connection. No changing terminals. The arrival time is sweet, but I was worried about the layover time. I am not familiar with that airport.

Delta arrives later, but I know we can make the connection.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you called American to see if you can force a connection through Charlotte or Miami and on to Aruba?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Have you called American to see if you can force a connection through Charlotte or Miami and on to Aruba?
    I never thought of tha,hoever I just checked and saw that a multi city flight would give us breathing room in between.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We've connected thru Philly on occasion. For us, we always have to change terminals, so usually make sure we have at least an hour layover. Sometimes their airfare for us is very attractive, but usually only a 45 minute layover, so we don't take it.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    We've connected thru Philly on occasion. For us, we always have to change terminals, so usually make sure we have at least an hour layover. Sometimes their airfare for us is very attractive, but usually only a 45 minute layover, so we don't take it.
    Is an hour enough time to make the change with an hour 6 minutes? The flight is attractive because it arrives at something like 12:45.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    From our home airport, SYR, our morning flight is usually around 6 AM and one of the first ones off the ground, so usually only weather would cause a delay. In the winter months I wouldn’t take it, but between May and November I definitely would. In the winter I usually try to avoid and connecting flight in Philadelphia or the NYC area. Our winter connections are usually either Charlotte or Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by nancyg56 View Post
    Is an hour enough time to make the change with an hour 6 minutes? The flight is attractive because it arrives at something like 12:45.

0 0