This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DElta or American?

Post Thanks / Like
    I try to avoid flying through airports I'm not familiar with if I have a short layover like less than 40 minutes. If you are comfortable flying through Philly and changing terminals, an hour should be plenty of time. http://www.mappery.com/Philadelphia-...t-Terminal-Map for reference.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you everyone! I will let my daughter know that she can choose either flight, both will be fine. We are watching airfare but it is not budging much. I think she will grab the least expensive that arrives early afternoon and be done with this.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    if the stars are aligned perfectly (meaning your originating flight is on time with no delays) you will be fine.

we connected in Philly numerous times enroute to Aruba and never had a problem with an hour layover and those were always early morning.

once our route was USAIR Boston to Philly to Orlando mid day.
    we had Paul's elderly mother with us.....she was in a wheelchair and was not able to walk with out a walker. (which was checked as luggage)
    we arrived in Philly a little later than scheduled, and were the last off the plane.

airport personnel put my mother in law on a shuttle- like a golf cart and Paul and I and our son were left to "hoof it"

when we got to the gate......the flight was gone and my mother in law was in the air without us.

it was an unbelievable dilemma.

USAir got us to Orlando about 5 hours later............my mother in law, was sitting at customer service (luggage area) in a wheelchair where she had been left when her flight arrived. (someone was kind enough to take her to the bathroom a couple of times)

moral of the story.........Murphy's law always kicks in and if in doubt about the amount of layover time, more is always better.

Quote Originally Posted by nancyg56 View Post
    Is an hour enough time to make the change with an hour 6 minutes? The flight is attractive because it arrives at something like 12:45.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 03-19-2019 at 03:22 PM. Reason: autofill stinks
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    DELTA....LOVE Atlanta..
    0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi Ricky..nice to see you back here!
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky59 View Post
    DELTA....LOVE Atlanta..
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nancyg56 View Post
    Thank you everyone! I will let my daughter know that she can choose either flight, both will be fine. We are watching airfare but it is not budging much. I think she will grab the least expensive that arrives early afternoon and be done with this.
    Nancy try checking airfares on Tuesdays or Saturdays. I have had great luck and do notice quite a difference in price on Tuesdays. Good Luck!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh! Delta went down today and we had decided to go with that airline. As soon as I hit submit the fare was sold out. I decided to just go with it, but it was a bit more than I wanted. I have made up my mind to just "let it go" and refuse to brood, but YIKES! Airfare has not budged much, and is sky high. GOod thing this is a celebration trip!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy you chose Delta you will be happy. Airfare is a crazy thing, can change within mins. or hours. At least your airfare is booked, always a good feeling even if the price you end up paying hurts a bit. Yes, it is a special occasion so just keep that in mind, Congrats!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Happy you chose Delta you will be happy. Airfare is a crazy thing, can change within mins. or hours. At least your airfare is booked, always a good feeling even if the price you end up paying hurts a bit. Yes, it is a special occasion so just keep that in mind, Congrats!
    I know. Truth be told I had budgeted $4500 for the 5 of us for airfare, but that was not what I wanted to pay. My poor husband almost choked when I told him, as he also was hoping it would drop.

As to special occasion, yes indeed, this is a celebratory trip, and one that is bittersweet. Our lovely Kady has never asked for anything, not one time since she was a sprout. She might have "needed" something for her little dolls or stuffed friends, but for herself? Nothing. SHe is going to college this year, and the child thought she would not be accepted anywhere. What???? an honor student not getting into school? Well, she was accepted at every school she applied to and made an early agreement in January, so that kind of made her leaving and the changes in all of our lives "real." Her Pa would give her the moon, sun and stars, so the trip cost is not begrudged. Had we known that Aruba would be the special place she loved, I think he (and we all) wish we had a few more years to indulge her by bringing her back over and over again.

So next question. My daughter wants to surprise her for her graduation with a "hard" airline ticket. Has anyone been able to get a ticket in advance of a trip?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    That's probably going to take a trip to the airport. Explain to the agent what you are trying to do and they should be able to accommodate since you have already purchased the ticket. Check your local airport for the least busy time and go then. They will appreciate you coming at an off time and I'm sure they will print a hard ticket for you. An advance phone call might help also.

0 0