This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DElta or American?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thankfully we are just less than 15 minutes from the airport. My daughter will call in advance and take a ride to see if they can accomodate. Thank you for the suggestion. It has been years since we traveled to the airport for anything but a flight!

Back when I was young we would go just to watch the planes, but you really cannot do that anymore.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    As an alternative if you can’t get the hard ticket, you can print the confirmation and maybe do something crafty with it or put it in a card

Quote Originally Posted by nancyg56 View Post
    I know. Truth be told I had budgeted $4500 for the 5 of us for airfare, but that was not what I wanted to pay. My poor husband almost choked when I told him, as he also was hoping it would drop.

As to special occasion, yes indeed, this is a celebratory trip, and one that is bittersweet. Our lovely Kady has never asked for anything, not one time since she was a sprout. She might have "needed" something for her little dolls or stuffed friends, but for herself? Nothing. SHe is going to college this year, and the child thought she would not be accepted anywhere. What???? an honor student not getting into school? Well, she was accepted at every school she applied to and made an early agreement in January, so that kind of made her leaving and the changes in all of our lives "real." Her Pa would give her the moon, sun and stars, so the trip cost is not begrudged. Had we known that Aruba would be the special place she loved, I think he (and we all) wish we had a few more years to indulge her by bringing her back over and over again.

So next question. My daughter wants to surprise her for her graduation with a "hard" airline ticket. Has anyone been able to get a ticket in advance of a trip?

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    As an alternative if you can’t get the hard ticket, you can print the confirmation and maybe do something crafty with it or put it in a card

Thank goodness my daughter is crafty! If I was to try she would not even get a decent printout of the confirmatioN! LOL!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Kady sounds like a wonderful girl, you all should be very proud of her. I wish I could see the excitement on her face when she finds out. I miss hard tickets myself. DH and I years ago used to take a ride to Bradley Airport just for something to do well before we actually started to travel. Good Luck hope you get a hard ticket.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Kady sounds like a wonderful girl, you all should be very proud of her. I wish I could see the excitement on her face when she finds out. I miss hard tickets myself. DH and I years ago used to take a ride to Bradley Airport just for something to do well before we actually started to travel. Good Luck hope you get a hard ticket.
    She really is lovely, and even though I am biased, I know that she is kind and gr=enormous inside and out.

Bradley Field! I grew up in Windsor Locks about a mile from the airport and as a kid in the 60's would get chills when the sound barrier was broken. YOu could go to the terminal back then, so we would go and speculate where all those folks dressed in the glad rags were going as they walked across the tarmac and climbed the rollling stairs.

One of my favorite memories years ago was of a B2 bomber gliding silently overhead, or of the A-10's practicing their maneuvers. I miss them.

Now I am a bit further, and get to listen to the military aircraft going overhead to and from Barnes or Westover. The tree canopy hides them, but boy I love the sound! Brings be back!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I fly American exclusively and they offer many flights, although usually it is the 1st leg that gives you the most options....from wherever you are you usually go through Miami, Philly or Charlotte. Depending on the time of year depends on how much time you need to consider in between flights. I usually fly to Aruba this time of year, again in September-ish and then again in November. Have never had weather delays but have had mechanical problems. I would suggest giving yourself no less than an hour between flights in case of delays...etc.
    Have fun !!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME
    0 1