This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: Delta Cancellations

Post Thanks / Like

Delta Cancellations

Thought I would share my experience with cancelling/rebooking my September flight on Delta.

It was unclear to me from their website what my options would be since I booked my flight last January. Everything addressed flights booked on/after March 1st, when Delta considered Covid-19 to start (a little late!) so I called to find out my options if I cancel. At first the agent told me I could rebook without penalty and full credit by the date I originally booked the ticket, which would have been 1/21/21. Before I even had a chance to panic about that, she quickly corrected herself. I can rebook without penalty and a full credit on what I paid until September 30, 2022! More than two years! I was obviously amazed and really happy about it. If I understood her correctly, this is their policy for any Covid-19 related cancellation.

She did tell me that I cannot rebook online and have the credit applied. You have to call to rebook since the website will apparently not have the ability to recognize that you have a ticket credit.

If there isn't a resolution to this mess and a viable vaccine by then...well, I can't even wrap my ahead around that. I'm just happy that I am getting my full deposit at Manchebo back and have more than a two-year airfare credit. I'm only out the cost of the trip insurance (which was only $50 with allianz back in January). Of course, if airfares are higher, I will pay the difference; if less, I get a refund.

I'd much rather be going on my trip but at least the disappointment of cancelling isn't being accompanied by the loss of a lot of money which can be used for the next one, hopefully next summer.
    0 4

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    check with Allianz.........that insurance might be transferrable to another trip.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Geez, what would we all do with you, girl! Hadn't thought of that. Thanks!
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We had the same experience with Delta and were able to extend the insurance for free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Walt!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    No problem... just call the insurance company, it was very easy to extend.